Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ 7.4 - Page: 16

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

The old NetSearch service provided audio content from Grooveshark along with bonus video content from various legal free sources.

The difference is the copyright holders of these videos are paid from your subscription fee. If you rip a YouTube video then this is not the case. YouTube videos of copyright content are paid for on your behalf by adverts on the YouTube website, which the ripper in most cases will bypass and possibly even replace with its own with none of the advertising fees going back to the copyright holders.

YouTube content is also not meant to be kept permanently. The DRM protection in ContentUnlimited service prevents it from being played outside of VirtualDJ or if your subscription lapses.

Video content is now only available with a Content Unlimited video plan.

Posted Wed 09 Oct 13 @ 7:41 am
kradcliffe wrote :
maki2001 wrote :

i mean people on this forum are easy on the trigger to block people if anybody says something against vdj i think that is not cool

Using cracked software for months on end whilst pretending to use LE is also not cool, especially when a good lot of people here have spent money on the software. All you ever do is criticise. Here's a tip.... you might get better feedback from users here if you invest in the software instead of just "trying it out"

Keith

dude what are you talking about ????? i bought my LE version when bought the NUMARK N4 controller its not cracked its legit..and how would i even register with a cracked program ?? and i am not wiling to invest until i want what i pay for... that why im eagerly waiting for vdj 8 :)

Posted Sun 13 Oct 13 @ 3:41 am
groovindj wrote :
You don't seem to realise that VSTs are a professional solution, not an alternative.

VST technology was created by Steinberg, one of the most famous and long running companies that make software and hardware for recording studios. They know what they're doing! VSTs are not unreliable.

Thousands of VSTs are used all over the world every day by professional musicians and producers, everywhere from bedrooms to high end recording studios. The technology has been around almost 20 years.

Fair enough, some VSTs won't work in Virtual DJ - but there are many others that will.

i am very well aware about vsts since i produce music for the last 8 years. now..can you please name me a few i would like to download them and try them :) (reverb vst for virtual dj would be good) now i want this to be clear im not trolling anybody i am sincerely asking you guys for real legit help :)

Posted Sun 13 Oct 13 @ 3:44 am
Toraverb is a damn fine reverb that is simple enough to use.

Just remember if you want to use VST effects you need to go into config --> performances --> select "advanced stretching". It will have pops and crackles on "fast stretching" and most VST's wont work.

The only other VST's I use are VPS Philta (filter), Ohmboyz (delay), ohmicide (multiband distortion).

Finally if you are going to use VST's you are better off mapping the sliders to a controller as I sometimes have VDJ shutting down if I use the VST's interface to modify parameters, This has never happened with using mapped controllers. Also all buttons and sliders on a vst are mapped in VDJ as "effect 'yourVSTName' slider #" never "effect button"

Posted Sun 13 Oct 13 @ 3:51 am
Man let's not forget about "InstaJungle"!! One of thee dopest VST's I've used, lol!!

Posted Tue 15 Oct 13 @ 2:07 pm
instajungle doesn't work on multiple decks, it's just a looproll though

Posted Tue 15 Oct 13 @ 11:07 pm
Hi all,

So I've been using VDJ for years and years now, and I was lucky to play on the VDJ 8 on the Virtual DJ stand at the BPM dj show back last month, and one thing I loved in the new virtual dj was the filter - it sounded fantastic!

Anyway, so I have a little suggestion... If virtual dj 8 is still a little while away, maybe as a little Christmas treat or something, we could get the awesome filter from version 8 put onto a version 7.5 or something?

I have a slight motive for asking: I've just bought a mac and vritual dj works great on it, but the effects are limited and as far as I know, you can't download the mac equivalent of vsts so I don't think I'll be able to find a better filter unless it's implemented by the vdj team.

Hope you don't mind me posting a suggestion :-)

Andy

Posted Wed 16 Oct 13 @ 2:59 am
I know VDJ 8 is still in progress and I am still very happy with VDJ7.4 but I am just curious at which stage the progess is...
So just an idea:

Can we have a timeline without date ofcourse, but just to give everyone an idea at which stage VDj 8 is?

Posted Wed 16 Oct 13 @ 4:54 am
Just use your imagination, you will get the same results.

Posted Wed 16 Oct 13 @ 8:52 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Andy,

I've just uploaded a PC/Mac filter that should hopefully tide you over until v8 gets here.

Regards,

Scott

Posted Thu 17 Oct 13 @ 2:17 am
LudekPRO InfinityMember since 2005
royvanmeel wrote :
I know VDJ 8 is still in progress and I am still very happy with VDJ7.4 but I am just curious at which stage the progess is...
So just an idea:

Can we have a timeline without date ofcourse, but just to give everyone an idea at which stage VDj 8 is?

Yes, here is my small recapitulation:

A - february 2011 - start
B - october 2011 - first announcement, promised release within a a few months -> C
C - Q2 2012 (a few months from announcement) - nothing
D - Q4 2012 - promised release Around Q2 2013 -> E
E - Q2 2013 - nothing
F - Q4 2013 now(?) - ?

X - (?) - release

Posted Thu 17 Oct 13 @ 8:28 am
Ludek wrote :

B - october 2011 - first announcement, promised release within a a few months -> C
E - Q2 2013 - nothing
F - Q4 2013 now(?) - ?

X - (?) - release

I used my imagination and I believe they are at the point "public test". The lucky ones that could go to the VDJ stand in I believe USA and UK have already played with VDJ 8 so.... That sounds very public to me...
But again... that's my imagination :)

Posted Thu 17 Oct 13 @ 8:34 am
LudekPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Public tests? Beta testers are still waiting for their copy of the VDJ 8...

Posted Thu 17 Oct 13 @ 8:45 am
Ludek wrote :
Public tests? Beta testers are still waiting for their copy of the VDJ 8...

There goes my imagination lol

Posted Thu 17 Oct 13 @ 8:48 am
im down for waiting lest just hope they make a good job out of it :) and worth the wait.

Posted Mon 21 Oct 13 @ 12:29 pm
Quote :

E - Q2 2013 - nothing
F - Q4 2013 now(?) - ?

X - (?) - release

Y - the second coming of Jesus Christ
Z - VDJ8 released

Posted Sat 26 Oct 13 @ 11:54 pm
CadDogPRO InfinityMember since 2004
My VDJ and the Skin I have adjusted are working great...!!!!

I love new things and I like others are waiting on pins and needles...

and like the last post, I will do my own beta test before running out and working with any new software.
Also, within that time of testing and finally using the new version, I will continue to be on pins and needles for a while.

New software does that to me...
I will need to full know and understand it before I go out with it...

One of the reason I went with VDJ was that I can practice anywhere right from my laptop...

Let all hope that this Xmas we all get a big surprise under our trees... :o)

Posted Fri 01 Nov 13 @ 5:58 pm
BREAKING NEWS>
I just saw Jesus walking down the street!
VDJ8 must be coming out tomorrow.

Posted Mon 04 Nov 13 @ 12:00 pm
Nope, it was his little brother Hesus, they call him Lil Hessy. I hope you didn't give him any money, he's been running that scam since 2 AD. We all know that the real Jesus is not doing that walking thing any more. So, you are going to have to wait a little longer.

Posted Wed 06 Nov 13 @ 4:08 pm
nope it wasn't jesus it was me! I decided not to cut my hair till 8 was out in protest of the big dream and some stuff I need.. like stop the delete song from flipping the list and resets it..

Posted Wed 06 Nov 13 @ 5:30 pm
98%