|Author||- Topic: Skin Pioneer CDJ2000 NEXUS + DJM900 NEXUS -|
Posted Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 9:19 am
Here my new skin with the famous Pioneer CDJ2000 Nexus and the mixer Pioneer DJM900 Nexus design.
Currently in 1540x1080 resolution but other versions will coming soon.
Here the link to download it : http://fr.virtualdj.com/addons/15766/Pioneer_CDJ2000_DJM900_NEXUS.html
VERY IMPORTANT :
1- You must install the "digital-7.ttf" font so that the skin is perfectly displayed.
The the "digital-7.ttf" font is joint in the zip file. Just double click on.
(after installation, open the zip file in the folder "My Documents -> Virtual DJ -> Skins")
Or free download here : http://www.dafont.com/fr/digital-7.font
2- so that the synchronization alarm work, you must install the PhantomDeejay Watchdog plugin (download here : http://fr.virtualdj.com/addons/12817/WatchDog.html ) and activate it in the effect menu effect -> Other.
3- At the first loading of the the skin, the Browser (songs list) may not appear. Simply click on the list to be displayed.
This is a known bug in Virtual DJ and I currently looking for a way to fix it. However, once the skin loaded every time you start Virtual DJ the browser appear correctly.
HD : http://imageshack.us/f/28/prsentationhc.png/
The skin contains most of Virtual DJ features, Pioneer equipment functions and in addition some functions of my own.
We find among others:
- 4 decks
- The "On Air" Pioneer function (red light when the fader of the deck is raised and flashes when the title arrives at the end)
- Pioneer saving Hot Cues with activating "REC/CALL" button
- The alarm indicating that the left and right decks are not synchronized
- A jogwheel rotation function (just for fun)
- Kill Buttons added on the DJM900
- The LEDs indicating the limiters activation (on each deck, the master and the helmet)
- 3 different views, with or without waveforms or with the browser on the whole page.
The zip file contains this .jpg explaining the intricacies of the skin :
HD : http://imageshack.us/f/837/explicationsw.jpg/
Coming soon :
I will create other versions of the skin including different resolutions.
Independent sampler will be added to the right of the deck. But this will only be available for HD screens.
I will add also a Video mix version.
If you have questions, suggestions, if you find a bug, do not hesitate to post here !
Posted Tue 26 Mar 13 @ 11:20 am
Some modifications are on line
New waves in Page 1 :
an a Help page :
Coming soon :
- another waves (choice of ~5 waves)
- The new virtual DJ 7.4 slip_mode (existing on the CDJ2000 but I replaced it by a jog rotation... I'll remove this feature cause it doesn't exist on the Pioneer and put the slip_mode)
- option to choose which decks will be on the right and on the left. (Indeed for some users, the fact that 1&2 are left and 3&4 are right causes problems with some controllers)
And later (in a few weeks) an HD version with some pads and independent sampler. (1920x1080)
Here is an overview not definitive of what it will look like :
Posted Tue 26 Mar 13 @ 8:49 pm
slip_mode is ad !
Posted Thu 28 Mar 13 @ 11:05 am
After seeing a lot of problems with the controllers, I invert deck 2 and 3 to match the usual order.
+ add 4 songs load zones on page 2
+ 3 new waves :
Posted Thu 28 Mar 13 @ 11:23 am
A display error may occur :
in fact I'm working on 2 screens and I display Virtual DJ on the right screen. So I change the display coordinates of the skin and instead 0 I put 1920.
Sometimes I forget to reset to 0 before upload and I apologize !
If that were to happen, thank you for telling me here ! I will correct away.
Or edit the file Pioneer_CDJ2000_DJM900_NEXUS.xml and correct the first line:
<Ski Name="Pioneer_CDJ2000_DJM900_NEXUS" version="7.3" width="1540" height="1080" posx="1920" posy="0" nbdecks="4">
<Skin Name="Pioneer_CDJ2000_DJM900_NEXUS" version="7.3" width="1540" height="1080" posx="0" posy="0" nbdecks="4">
Posted Thu 28 Mar 13 @ 1:20 pm
posx, posy ? Never seen them in a skin before. Not present on wiki either. Where did you get those from ?
Posted Thu 28 Mar 13 @ 3:35 pm
I do not recall where I found this function, probably another skin inspired me.
I used it to force Virtual DJ position at the launch.
Posted Fri 29 Mar 13 @ 9:43 am
New version online :
- The waves selection button works now in 2 directions with left and right click
- Replaced the "AUDIO" button on the decks with the Virtual DJ "RECORD" button, to access page with the same name.
- Addition of a lock button that locks the skin Virtual DJ, but not the PC, the keyboard or the controller !
The button is on the left deck :
One click this page appears:
To unlock the skin must right-click on a button hidden in the bottom right.
Posted Fri 29 Mar 13 @ 8:07 pm
I moved the unlock button because it causes problems for some resolutions :
you must now right-click on the D of "LOCKED"
Posted Tue 02 Apr 13 @ 5:35 pm
New version online
- Now the red ring in the center of the jog will light only on slip_mode (exact like the CDJ2000 Nexus)
- Add of witnesses smart_play and smart_loop the DJM screen (respectively "AUTO" and "GRID"; real functions of the DJM)
- Add of the two values of the effect sliders in the DJM screen
- The PAD below the screen is now active and DJM allows varying effects.
In progress : I continue to work on the identification of skin buttons at mouseover (almost finished)
Posted Wed 03 Apr 13 @ 12:02 pm
I just finished identifying all the buttons when the mouse hovers over it.
I also updated the help page of the skin.
Remains the problem of the "On Air" function with a midi controler, but then I do not know how to fix it ...
Here is the list of unnecessary buttons and knobs of the skin :
On the DJM900 :
- Button SOUND COLOR FX
- Button AUTO / TAP (next to the REC button)
- Button QUATIZE (next to the REC button)
- Buttons BEAT right and left (below the PAD)
- Knob BOOTH MONITOR
- Knobs MIC EQ
- Knob MIC2
On the CDJ2000 :
- The jog right screens CDJ
- Buttons USB / STOP at the top left
- Knobs JOG ADJUST
I have no idea for this buttons, I think I made the round functions VDJ...
if you have ideas !
Posted Wed 03 Apr 13 @ 8:24 pm
More pics on my blog : http://chris-dodge-ma-page-2.blogspot.fr/ (english version coming soon)
Posted Sun 07 Apr 13 @ 6:06 pm
The realization of the Pad and the Sampler is complete (for full HD users only). It is in beta testing and will be online very soon.
5 Pads modes:
- Hot Cues
- Loops and Loops_Roll
- Sampler (while pressed only)
Belox, the independant Sampler integrate all the play modes (loop, while pressed, play/stop).
HD : http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/9905/imageskin14.jpg
Posted Mon 08 Apr 13 @ 3:11 pm
Nice but waaaaaay to busy for my needs, lol!
Let's see a Dodge original for your next skin.
Posted Mon 08 Apr 13 @ 7:18 pm
Posted Thu 11 Apr 13 @ 5:57 pm
The new version 1.1 is on line.
Addition of a remix pad and a independent sampler (only for owners of full HD 1920x1080). Activate with the "RMX" button.
Don't forget to check out the Help page in the skin !
+ Fix the pitch direction error.
HD : http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/9905/imageskin14.jpg
Posted Fri 12 Apr 13 @ 6:15 am
yesterday there was an loading error. The new version has not been online, I do not know why.... BUT IT IS CORRECTED !
Posted Fri 12 Apr 13 @ 9:32 am
Work in progress:
I'm still looking for the best solution for the sampler pads, then I can finally prepare other resolutions !
Posted Thu 25 Apr 13 @ 6:30 am
Help, I can not download this skin
Posted Thu 25 Apr 13 @ 6:50 am