Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Recording Ur DJ Mix !!!HELP!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello, may someone plese--EFFECTIVELY---help w/ my VDJ.

I have a mac (Lion OS) and a Denon MC 6000 and am using VDJ Pro, and I have tried every possible solution on this site, and none seem to work. Kinda disappointed that VDJ itself is giving out incorrect advice.

Anyways, I am trying to record my dj set (mix) in GOOD quality, and WITHOUT hearing my cued song.

Any help?????

Thx!

Posted Tue 05 Feb 13 @ 10:43 am
If you are using the MC6000 as a hardware mixer (Switch on the back of the MC6000 set to to INT MIX), then you will need to use external software or hardware to record. Please see our FAQ pages: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Recording%20your%20set%20or%20broadcasting%20when%20using%20an%20external%20DJ%20mixer.html

There is also a switch on back of the MC6000 that should allow you to route REC OUT & Mic back into its built-in sound card. Set this switch to REC OUT/MIC and then try the following in advanced sound config:

Deck 1 | MC6000 sound card | Channels 1&2
Deck 2 | MC6000 sound card | Channels 3&4
Record Loopback | MC6000 sound card | Channels 1&2

If you are using the MC6000 in 4-deck software mixer mode (Switch on back set to PC MIX) then you can use the recording facility built into VirtualDJ to record normally. Make sure that the MC6000 is correctly configured for 4 deck software mixing: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/DN-MC6000.html

Please also note that hardware technical support questions like this should be asked in the correct forum Hardware Technical Support. Your question will be seen by more people with the correct knowledge and you will get a quicker response. This forum is for mix lessons and learning how to mix.

Posted Tue 05 Feb 13 @ 11:47 am
Thx! But when I set the way you have just stated, an "sound card error" pops up, and I cannot apply the advance configurations. So to me, that would seem like a software error, no? I am trying to record a mix on a Mac Lion 10.8, and after doing 'exactly' what you said (and VDJ forums), I 'still' get an error message saying that my soundcard is not recognized. Again, I am doing exactly what you told me.... I have a Y cable going out from the Denon REC OUT to the 'headphones' jack in my computer.

Posted Wed 06 Feb 13 @ 9:29 am
BTW, I'm using 2 deck mode (INT mix)

Posted Wed 06 Feb 13 @ 9:32 am
If you're trying to record by using the 'record' tab in VDJ, then you won't get a recording of the mixed result, because you're mixing OUTSIDE of VDJ (on the MC6000) and trying to record BEFORE the signal has got to the mixer.

The best way to record the output of the MC6000 is to use the 'rec out' RCA sockets on the back of the MC6000.

Connecting the 'rec out' to a headphone socket will get you nowhere. You're connecting an output to an output.

Connect them to the input of a recording device such as a tape deck (cassette, DAT, open reel), CD recorder, digital audio recorder etc.

Posted Wed 06 Feb 13 @ 10:34 am
Thx a lot for that information DJG, but on my macbook pro, I ONLY have a headphone jack, so I'm unclear on how I am able to record to in input device when there is none on my laptop, only headphone jack.

Posted Wed 06 Feb 13 @ 11:25 am
You've answered your own question. Your computer has no audio input.

Use some other recording device.

As already mentioned: cassette deck, DAT machine, open reel, CD recorder, MiniDisc...

There are also devices now that record to SD card, compact flash, USB flash drives, hard drive and so on.

Posted Wed 06 Feb 13 @ 12:15 pm

Posted Wed 06 Feb 13 @ 12:19 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)