Topic: [Complement Skin Set] DN-MC6000 Pro+ - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

One small observation..... No clock!?

Posted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 5:38 pm
ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
Thanks for releasing this- This was my skin of choice when using VDJ 7

A couple things I noticed when using on my PC. Haven't tried on a Mac yet:

1. SandBox, is that coming?

2. Any way that you can put an icon on the skin to change waveform color. This seems a standard on most VDJ8 skins and seems awkward to have to go into Options to make the change.

3. Could you add an option to have the scratch wave form in a horizontal layout in addition to the side-by-side deck focused layout. Again, the current scratch wave form looks exactly like 3 & 4 with just the added ability to resize it.

4. The Deck select button doesn't seem to be activated in this version nor does the Tab key include deck 3 &4 in the cycle. Unless a controller being present is required. I haven't tried with my Denon hooked up yet.

Posted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 9:56 pm
pmulligan wrote :
One small observation..... No clock!?

yeah, on upper left

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 4:16 am
Wannabe1 wrote :
Thanks for releasing this- This was my skin of choice when using VDJ 7

A couple things I noticed when using on my PC. Haven't tried on a Mac yet:

1. SandBox, is that coming?
- Is on the MASTER tab, did u downloaded the right skin?

2. Any way that you can put an icon on the skin to change waveform color. This seems a standard on most VDJ8 skins and seems awkward to have to go into Options to make the change.
- Sure, let me check on that...

3. Could you add an option to have the scratch wave form in a horizontal layout in addition to the side-by-side deck focused layout. Again, the current scratch wave form looks exactly like 3 & 4 with just the added ability to resize it.
- If you are referring to the scratch wave on the Rhythm window, I'll try but not a priority at the moment. You have to make a deck a "leftdeck/rightdeck" to alternate the waves as the "scratch waves" mode in the Rhythm window only shows left and right decks for now.

4. The Deck select button doesn't seem to be activated in this version nor does the Tab key include deck 3 &4 in the cycle. Unless a controller being present is required. I haven't tried with my Denon hooked up yet.
- It was disabled to avoid having the controller go out of sync with the skin. You can however select leftdeck/rightdeck by righclicking on the Deck Number, for example rightclicking on the "3" will make deck 3 focused.
The tab key does cycle through all decks, not sure why is not on your system. Remember that TAB selects the active deck but it does not necesarily make a leftdeck/rightdeck.

I'll check the standard v8 skin for this kind of behaviour in case it has changed...

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 5:18 am
it does not appear on the top left on the mac version I am using. The Virtual DJ Logo is in the top left corner.

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 10:47 am
LoL, ok, I'll check on that....

Posted Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 4:00 am
Version 8.1 changes:
- Fixed 1-2-3-4 mixer channel order
- Added BROWSER button
- Added SLIP & ROLL buttons
- Added CLONE function by rightclicking on the SLIP button
- Fixed clock not showing on Macs
- Added wavecolors options to WAVE button
- Re-enabled DECK CHANGE button

Posted Thu 10 Jul 14 @ 5:20 am
Version 8.2 changes:
- Misc. minor cosmetic issues fixed
- Added button to open effect sideview (righlick on effect activate [FX 1])
- Added button to open sampler sideview (rightclick on sampler play [SAMP.])
- The defaults are now deck1 & deck 2 and normal sized browser every time VDJ is started

Posted Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 7:01 pm
dmerrellPRO SubscriberMember since 2011
Zaceck, noticed on the skin the headphone volume does not move or the Headphone mix does not move. Also noticed if you try to do a custom map those controls on the controller are not recognized. If they can not be mapped might be valuable space for other options.

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 9:51 pm
Do you have your MC6000 configured for a master/headphone setup (i.e. PC mix mode)?

If you have it set to send each deck output directly to the MC6000 mixer (internal mode) then the cueing is done on the MC6000 hardware.

Posted Tue 15 Jul 14 @ 7:33 am
I tried both modes and neither mode utilizes the headphone slider and headphone mix slider on the skin. Unless I am still doing something wrong. Want to be clearer, when i move the knobs on the controller the sliders do not move on the skin. ex. move the crossfader on the controller it moves on the skin also.

Posted Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 8:39 pm
Well maybe those controls are not mappable. Maybe they don't send MIDI.

Check the MC6000 manual and see if they're listed (assuming there's a MIDI data chart). Or you could go to the mapping config and twiddle them to see if any data is shown.

Posted Thu 17 Jul 14 @ 5:19 am
ruedineHome userMember since 2011
how can i download this skin?

Posted Fri 18 Jul 14 @ 10:29 pm
Dodge57PRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posted Sat 19 Jul 14 @ 1:03 am
I may be missing something but just realized the "show Only" buttons are not displayed on the side of the browser like other skins. Is there a way to turn those on and off?

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 3:15 pm
It's possibly because the browser section is quite low in this skin (when the browser is squished, some of those side icons disappear or sit over each other).

You can still use the dot above the font buttons to select "show only" options though.

Posted Sun 27 Jul 14 @ 12:09 pm
dmerrell wrote :
I tried both modes and neither mode utilizes the headphone slider and headphone mix slider on the skin. Unless I am still doing something wrong. Want to be clearer, when i move the knobs on the controller the sliders do not move on the skin. ex. move the crossfader on the controller it moves on the skin also.

The headphone controls are done in hardware in the DN-MC6000 therefore the software sliders are not mapped and they always remain to defaults. If you were to map them, then the controls will not work correctly. For example, if the knobs were mapped, and you lower the CUE MIX on the controller then you would also be lowering the software CUE MIX not getting the desired result in the headphones. You could map the MASTER VOLUME with no adverse effects but if you do a lot of recording it becomes a hassle to have it mapped.

As a general rule of thumb, if the controller provides hardware controls for certain functions they are normally not mapped to the software. This is common for volume knobs.

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 3:37 pm
dmerrell wrote :
I may be missing something but just realized the "show Only" buttons are not displayed on the side of the browser like other skins. Is there a way to turn those on and off?

umm, I'll check but on my fixed resolution of 1920x1080 with the window resized to the smallest size (smaller than 1366x768) and all skin items where present...

You could also maximize the browser just to make sure you see all available options/buttons.

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 3:45 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
dmerrell wrote :

Fruit wrote :
As soon as you check one of the items 'show music', 'show video', or 'show karaoke' in the round browser menu above the font size buttons, buttons will appear.

They will remain until you :
- uncheck all three items
- close / relaunch vdj

Then they will pop up again once you check one item.

Posted Sun 03 Aug 14 @ 11:33 am
zacek100 wrote :
dmerrell wrote :

The headphone controls are done in hardware in the DN-MC6000 therefore the software sliders are not mapped and they always remain to defaults. If you were to map them, then the controls will not work correctly. For example, if the knobs were mapped, and you lower the CUE MIX on the controller then you would also be lowering the software CUE MIX not getting the desired result in the headphones. You could map the MASTER VOLUME with no adverse effects but if you do a lot of recording it becomes a hassle to have it mapped.

As a general rule of thumb, if the controller provides hardware controls for certain functions they are normally not mapped to the software. This is common for volume knobs.

Thanks zacek100 that makes sense to me.

Posted Sun 03 Aug 14 @ 12:50 pm
87%