Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: RELOOP Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
1. build 3343.1200 is the latest public build. I was mentioning about using the latest build, because that wasnt what i was getting in your Account. Now i do see that, so its OK.

2. Indeed there was a bug on Pad5. In fact the entire SAMPLER2 mode was duplicated in definition, but only on deck 1. I suppose it was working fine on decks 2,3,4.
Will be fixed in a future update (builds ending at .1225 or above)

3. Slip mode still works fine here. Keep in mind that you need to have the Deck on Vinyl/Scratch mode to get the Slip mode working when the Platter is touched/used.
The white dot (the small round button/menu above the SYNC button on the GUI) should flash as an indication too

BTW. regarding the Slip mode (if it still doesnt work for you), your unit is on firmware 0.20 , right ?

Posted Tue 30 Aug 16 @ 3:32 pm
Thanks a lot for your answer indeed!
Good to hear that mentioned bug will be fixed in the next build. Please, just keep in mind that this bug impacts on Pads from 1 to 6 on either decks 1 to 4.
My TM8 firmware is 0.20 but unfortunatelly Slip Mode doesn't work (and GUI button is not blinking though).

Regards.

Posted Wed 31 Aug 16 @ 5:14 am
dwellyPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Can an admin please delete the following, as I posted before finding this reloop thread.
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/212306/Hardware_Technical_Support/Reloop_Terminal_Mix_4_mapping_issue_with_VDJ8.html

I'm using VDJ 8.2 b3343 and have a problem with the TM4 mapping for decks 3/4. The shift/del button toggles on-off as expected but if I press shift on deck 3/4 the laptop screen shows "delete" and fx options for deck 1/2. So on decks 1 & 2 I can play and delete cue points but on decks 3 & 4 I cannot delete cue points, only play them.
Also noted that if I toggle shift on for deck 1 then switch to deck3 the light stays on so it doesn't seem to be remembered per deck.

I later tried MIDI-OX and can see the shift buttons always respond on channels 1 & 2 where as the other buttons respond on midi channels 1/2 or 3/4 depending on the deck selected. The fx sections similarly always respond on channels 1/2 (ignoring the deck selection) yet are mapped in the software to the selected decks 1/2 or 3/4.

Posted Tue 06 Sep 16 @ 11:36 pm
As suggested by djdad, I've disabled switch-hold on the Terminal Mix 4 and the behaviour is better but I still have a (default) mapping issue..

Both the on-screen visuals and controller behaviour appear to confirm that the shift button isn't working correctly for decks 3/4. Using the default 4 deck skin, if I switch to deck 3/4 and hold down shift, the hotcue "Delete" options and FX parameters on-screen show on decks 1/2 instead of decks 3/4, meaning I cannot delete the hotcues on decks 3/4 from the TM4.

Example: Hot-cues
[Deck 1]
cue 2 => Sets/plays cue2
shift + cue 2 => delete cue 2
[Deck 3]
cue 2 => Sets/plays cue2
shift + cue 2 => plays cue 2

Example: FX
[Deck 1]
FX pot 2 => varies FX parameter
shift + FX pot 2 => varies FX 2nd parameter
[Deck 3]
(no default fx on decks 3/4 so selected reverb to match deck 1)
FX pot 2 => varies FX parameter
shift + FX pot 2 => Does Nothing!

VDJ 8.2 b3343.1200

Posted Wed 07 Sep 16 @ 9:15 pm
dwelly wrote :
......if I switch to deck 3/4

How do you switch decks ? Keep in mind that the TM4 Layers (decks) are hardware, meaning that if you swap decks using a different controller, keyboard or skin the decks of the TM4 are still following what the TM4 DECK buttons show.
Do the LEFT/RIGHT status of the controller matches the one from the skin ?

dwelly wrote :
. ...and hold down shift, ....

Do you use the "correct" SHIFT button on the "correct" side ?
But maybe this one is related to the "proper" Deck Swap as mentioned above.

dwelly wrote :
....VDJ 8.2 b3343.1200

Can you try with the latest Early Access build just in case something is fixed in the meantime ?
Enable the EarlyAccessUpdates setting from VDJ Settings, restart VDJ and wait for the Update prompt window

Posted Thu 08 Sep 16 @ 12:27 am
All actions were performed on the TM4 controller (deck switch, hot cues and FX parameters) except selecting the FX for deck 3 was done on the laptop.

When I select deck 3 on the TM4 controller the skin shows deck 3 as the active "LEFT" deck (screen & controller match). If I now press the left-most shift deck 3 remains the active deck but the deck 1 cues change to "delete". Checking these actions with MIDI-OX shows the "Shift" button always sending on MIDI ch#1.

It appears the TM4 hardware is not switching the shift button between channels 1 and 3 according to the deck selection as it does for cues etc.

I'll try the early access build when I can.. (but 2:30am and work in the morning!)

Posted Thu 08 Sep 16 @ 1:34 am
Well, if the SHIFT works that way, then what youget is normal, but it shouldnt be that way. Our files say that SHIFT is sending 4 different messages (channels 0 to 3) depending on the selected Deck (Layer).
BTW, just in case, can you update firmware and drivers to the latest available one http://www.reloop.com/reloop-terminal-mix-4 ?

Will double-check with the Team and our own device though, but really we never had an issue reported so far, which makes me think that the "issue" is probably on your side.

Posted Thu 08 Sep 16 @ 2:04 am
looks like the firmware is 0.17 but updating to 0.21 results in a "Timeout" error from my Windows 10 laptop.

I've tried to register at Reloop but it doesn't send me an activation email so I'm unable to post on the support forum. Have emailed them direct to try to resolve the registration issue.

I can see posts regarding the Timeout error but the suggestions are to use Windows instead of a MAC which I'm already using. So, if anyone knows how to upgrade a TM4 on a windows 10 laptop I'd be grateful.

Posted Thu 08 Sep 16 @ 6:27 pm
I've now upgraded the firmware to v0.21. For anyone receiving the timeout error as I was, try a Factory reset of the Terminal Mix 4. After this the firmware update worked perfectly using the same Windows 10 laptop.

Installing v0.21 has resolved most issues even though the left & right shift buttons still always transmit on MIDI channels 1 and 2, ignoring deck selection. (Is VDJ8 using MIDI or HID with TM4?)

Fixed:
Hot-cues now works on all 4 decks.
FX parameters now work on all 4 decks.

Issues:
1) Button sections like deck 4 cues, deck 2 FX sometimes not responding. I've not identified a pattern to this yet.
2) Holding shift on decks 3/4 still shows the "delete" cues and extended FX parameters, e.g SPD instead of STR, for decks 1/2.

As cues work fine now this is just a visual distration. However, for the extended FX parameters, having no visual display on-screen means you cannot see when or if "soft-takeover" occurs as you turn the FX knobs. The only way to check is to click "+" to open the FX panel in the bottom-right of the screen where you can see "soft-takeover" happening correctly.

Posted Fri 09 Sep 16 @ 11:25 pm
Regarding the same issue the only visible thing on the TM4 controller is that when you press shift on decks 1/2 the cues flash but when you press shift on decks 3/4 the cues do not flash.

Posted Sat 10 Sep 16 @ 9:54 am
Hi ,im using a new tmx8 , on the same computer I was using a tmx4 on tour recently with no bugs in vdj7 and just a couple glitches in 8 occasionally.
The new mixer is running in 8 fine but vdj 7 doesn't seem to be acknowledging the mixer , which should be natively supported , everything is updated.,,,don't have a clue on that one. acer computer.
and same mixer , on a brand new hp computer with latest vdj8 and win10 , wont read iTunes playlists , so I have 2 stage rigs , neither are working properly with latest software..sort of a bummer because 7 is the 'reliable' version,,,love 8 btw,,good studio gear..still a little tempermental for stage , depends on the day..

Posted Sat 10 Sep 16 @ 9:33 pm
pturecki wrote :
Hi ,im using a new tmx8 , ....The new mixer is running in 8 fine but vdj 7 doesn't seem to be acknowledging the mixer , which should be natively supported , .....

Terminal Mix 8 is not natively supported in version 7. http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ7%20Controllers.html You will have to use version 8 with that.

Posted Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 12:47 pm
dwelly wrote :
...". Checking these actions with MIDI-OX shows the "Shift" button always sending on MIDI ch#1.

It appears the TM4 hardware is not switching the shift button between channels 1 and 3 according to the deck selection as it does for cues etc.

Ok we can confirm this behavior. Mapping files have been updated for next build , so the SHIFT should be working fine with this change.

Posted Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 12:50 pm
Hi Djdad,
would you please advise if the issues, that I've mentioned earlier were resolved (sampler2 pads, slip mode) ? I've just downloaded latest build but nothing seems to be fixed (((

Thanks,
Vadim.

Posted Wed 12 Oct 16 @ 1:07 pm
Fix for the SHIFT should be available in 3420
Please make sure you are using the factory default mapping.
If something still doesnt work as expected, please provide the steps to reproduce here once more.
Thanks

Posted Wed 12 Oct 16 @ 5:13 pm
Hi and sorry for the delay with the answer.
I've performed clean install of 3440 but still no luck.
Here's what I'v done:
1. Download installer from the current site
2. perform custom install excluding docs and samples
3. launched my TM8
4. launched VDJ
5. logged in under with my credentials
6. accept trial period warning and clicked on "use my controller's sound card"
7. loaded the song and cried (((

As you can see, its pretty straight forward. I even didn't go the setup tab and surely used defaults controller settings.

Thanks for your attention to this matter.

Cheers,
V.

Posted Mon 24 Oct 16 @ 10:24 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)