Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: RELOOP Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
As of builds 2265.982 or higher the Reloop Beatpad files have been updated to resolve the erratic LEDS behavior issue.

Posted Thu 14 May 15 @ 6:24 pm
Hi,
I am using reloop beatmix controller with virtual dj8 however my crossfader does not completely cut off the sound at the lefft side when in scratch mode(the fader physically reaches the edge however on virtual dj software it bounces back even when the fader is still at the extreme end hence makes it difficult to get clean scratch/cut sounds on the left side of the crossfader).
Also, the pitch controller on the right side does not work. kindly advise

Posted Wed 20 Jan 16 @ 11:25 am
Looks like a Hardware issue. Please consult Reloop Technical Service

Posted Wed 20 Jan 16 @ 3:37 pm
Hi,
I'm using Terminal Mix 8 (firmware 0.20) and can't turn on Slip Mode with Shift+JOG button in VDJ8. It works fine only as switch between vinyl\cd mode (without pressing shift, obviously). Tried "button learn" and vdj scripts, no luck so far...
Reloop support advised me to ask here as it seems to be midi mapping issue.
Thanks.

Posted Tue 16 Aug 16 @ 12:13 pm
You are probably using an old and outdated version of VirtualDJ.
Please download and install the latest VirtualDJ build from http://www.virtualdj.com/download/index.html and try again. It works fine here

Also make sure that you have chosen the factory default mapping for the Terminal Mix 8 from the Controllers tab of Settings

Posted Tue 16 Aug 16 @ 1:22 pm
Thanks for the prompt reply. I've downloaded new version. Slip mode is not working so far. The case is that in "key learn" mode combination shift+jog doesn't show SHIFT_SCRATCH parameter. Yet it works well with another buttons. Any suggestions?

Posted Tue 16 Aug 16 @ 2:42 pm
We have recently changed the mapping files for the Terminal Mix 8 and now it uses a "Hardware" shift instead of the software one. This change improves the performance.
The unit doesnt send any different note/message when SHIFT+SCRATCH is pressed, so yes in the Key Learn you should get both the SHIFT and SCRATCH keys but not the SHIFT_SCRATCH. The SCRATCH button can be mapped as .. shift ? actionWhenShiftIsPressed : ActionWhenShiftIsNotPressed
Is there an issue not getting a SHIFT_SCRATCH key ?

Posted Tue 16 Aug 16 @ 3:05 pm
The "factory default" mapping comes with the folowing script for SCRATCH button: shift ? slip_mode : vinyl_mode. But it still works only for switching vinyl mode on/off.

Posted Wed 17 Aug 16 @ 1:32 am
I can allocate SHIFT_SCRATCH parameter manually and put "slip_mode" script in it, but it doesn't resolve the issue.

Posted Wed 17 Aug 16 @ 1:34 am
FYI
I've set another button (FX2 assign) to act as "shift" and it's works fine with turning on\off slip mode:
script for FX btn: set '$key' 1 while_pressed
script for SCRATCH btn: var '$key' ? slip_mode : vinyl_mode

Posted Wed 17 Aug 16 @ 1:48 am
As said in one of my previous posts, you are probably using an old and outdated version of VirtualDJ.
In the latest mapping files, the SHIFT key is mapped as ..shift (the action) and the SCRATCH button as .. shift ? slip_mode : vinyl_mode and this works just fine.

Posted Wed 17 Aug 16 @ 11:54 am
Sorry for any misunderstanding, but the case is that I've downloaded the latest version using the link provided. I've installed trial version on my second laptop , but it still doesn't work as suggested.

Posted Thu 18 Aug 16 @ 2:32 am
What is the build number you see in VirtualDJ Settings->Licenses tab ?

Posted Thu 18 Aug 16 @ 12:21 pm
Its v 8.2 pc build 3343.1200

Posted Fri 19 Aug 16 @ 10:38 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Host your mapping and settings on a 3rd party site, it's the only way to figure this out.

Posted Fri 19 Aug 16 @ 11:22 am
It's not MY mapping or settings...That's factory defaults. So I believe the issue should be resolved here in colaboration with reloop support that should be initiated by Atomix though...

Posted Fri 19 Aug 16 @ 11:31 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Just humour me,
loads of people say they haven't changed anything when they have, you want this problem solved don't you?

Posted Fri 19 Aug 16 @ 11:34 am
Hi. Would you pls advise about any news re my question about Slip Mode issue?
In the meantime I've found another mapping issue for your consideration. In SAMPLER2_MODE pads from 1 to 6 are not responding so 'sampler_rec' action as well as all others actions mapped works only with SHIFT btn pressed. Nevertheless, pads 7 and 8 work just fine.
And pls keep in mind that I'm using 'factory defaults' preset.
Thanks.

Posted Wed 24 Aug 16 @ 1:59 pm

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 1:35 pm
Sorry to realize that all your attempts to resolve the issue came down to a statement that it's all a mistake of end-user...
Nevertheless, I would like to get full and appropriate answers, please:
1. I use VDJ v. 8.2 pc build 3343.1200 (screenshot http://tinypic.com/r/2gwtgdj/9), which is available in download section of the web site. Where I should find updated version? Please explain.
2. As mentioned in provided manual, sample record mapped to Pad5 that, in fact, doesn't work. It works only with pressing SHIFT button.
3. Slip Mode issue is not resolved too.

I believe you can look more deeply into this matter and provide me with full and professional answer.

Regards.

Posted Tue 30 Aug 16 @ 1:46 pm
71%