Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Im Looking into purchasing a short throw Video Projector?? Any Ideas

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Im finally starting to look into purchasing a video projector for my gigs, only issue i have is I have no clue what is what in Projectors, so im looking for guidance from some of ya that have been thru this before there are some many projectors out there I wouldnt know where to start, Ive been searching online reading reviews and have come down to 4 things Im wanting a Short Throw Projector because I know im going to run into distance issues everywhere i play and i want one with about 3000 Lumens price range would be great under $1000 but as long as its around there im good, it has to have HDMI, Im also wanting one that is front and rear displayed, because depending on the gig you dont know where you are going to be setting up, Ive been on BestBuy but they dont specify which throw they are and distance from projector is not really explained to my understanding, so if anyone has any insight on what is out there and worth the money I would greatly appreciate it, Thanks in advanced

Posted Fri 23 Nov 12 @ 5:35 pm

Posted Sat 24 Nov 12 @ 7:03 am
thanks DJ for the response I checked them out all seem pretty good, which one where you thinking of getting? What do ya think would be the best setup from the floor or hanging of the projector and location of wall? Im just curious what everyone is doing out there, I been using a couple of 32 in tv's on 10x10 truss but looking to either get bigger tv's or a badass Projector what do ya think?

Posted Mon 26 Nov 12 @ 10:30 pm
I'm not buying anything at the moment but I've noticed the projectors getting better, smaller & cheaper lately.

I used to lug around a home made screen and now I just shoot the vids right onto a wall. Check out You Tube gig logs for some ideas.

Posted Tue 27 Nov 12 @ 8:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)