Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: HP G4 - 2126TX for Video

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PhiDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Posted Wed 24 Oct 12 @ 5:50 pm
Ok I bought it already, video works fine but i'm not sure as to why only the default video transition is working and the effects section isn't working as well. any suggestions on the settings i should be tweaking on my laptop?

all inputs will be highly appreciated.

thanks

P.S - please be gentle guys i'm a newbie on video mixing thingy ;)

Gab

Posted Mon 29 Oct 12 @ 3:53 pm

Posted Tue 30 Oct 12 @ 7:12 am
hi,

thanks for your feedback sir.

i'm running on Windows 7 64 bit with direct x 11 already and every time i will try to downgrade it to 9.0 it would says i'm running on the latest version (11) already. Thus, i cannot proceed to downgrade it - is there any other way around?

tnx again.

Posted Tue 30 Oct 12 @ 10:26 am

Posted Tue 30 Oct 12 @ 10:44 am
Tried that too but still in vain. It says update is not necessary coz i'm already on the latest version.

I'll try to uninstall the video card's driver then install the old direct x prior to updating the driver tonight..

Posted Wed 31 Oct 12 @ 4:05 am
Please also check the download pages of the effect(s) that you are having problems with.

Some effects may have other external requirements that you might not currently have installed.

Also, make sure that accelerated video is enabled in CONFIG -> Video - Many effects/transitions won't work without this. If you have problems with video freezing with this enabled then please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Video%20Memory%20Issue.html - Also search the forums on this problem which is commonly caused by bad video drivers/firmware.

Posted Wed 31 Oct 12 @ 6:30 am
Did try the fresh install of everything (OS/Drivers/Apps - twice) but still no luck on the direct x 9.0.c as the default has already been set to 11 for Windows 7, i think? not sure here but pls correct me if i'm wrong. Also the BIOS version has been updated too.

Checked the video hardware acceleration option - situation became more hopeless as the video got lost/black out.

installed the registry tools - no luck as well.

will try to read more and experiment on the best practices posted here in the forum and once the issue is resolved - i'll let you know.

Haven't try to add an extra memory (another 4 GB + the existing 4GB = 8GB) yet..do you think this might help?

Thank you for the continued support. I really appreciate it.

Gab

Posted Wed 31 Oct 12 @ 11:42 pm
If it won't work with video acceleration ticked, then it means there are issues with your computer's video drivers.

Please check the manufacturer's website for any updates.

Did you try all the adjustments on the above page? Including VideoYV12Bug? (VirtualDJ must be restarted when making these adjustments.) Please also see the two forum links at the bottom of the page http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Video%20Memory%20Issue.html

Also, it would be better to post about this problem in the correct forum PC Version Technical Support rather than Music Video Discussion - It's more likely to be seen by other users who may have experienced and resolved the same problem: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/20/PC_Version_Technical_Support.html

NOTE: Adding more memory won't help, especially if you are not using a 64-bit operating system (32-bit cannot access more than 4Gb.)

Posted Thu 01 Nov 12 @ 7:02 am
Noted. Downloading the 1st driver released for this model. Will post a new thread on that section should the problem persist. Thanks!

I'm on 64 bit win7 OS.

Posted Thu 01 Nov 12 @ 7:44 am
Please consider this as done - video issues were fixed after downloading the correct video card's driver and run the registry tool.

Thanks support team for the big help.

All the best.

Gab

Posted Sun 04 Nov 12 @ 4:13 am
DJPhil

aka

GAB

check my PM. let me know if you get it.
Thanks

Posted Mon 12 Nov 12 @ 6:57 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)