Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: [NEW] Hercules RMX2 Skin - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Your are the man! Everything works properly now and I am running 7.3. I will stay posted to see when we are able to change effects on the map. Thank you once again.

Posted Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 8:15 am
Hi Djdad...i second all the compliments: the couple skin+mapper is alone a justification of the RMX 2 buy. I have a problem with the mapper though. Everyhting works nicely (despite it would be nice to have the automatic matching of loop/effects/sample/cue indicators on the skin and on the controller but it's just a question of remember to set at the beginning of the set).
however on my mapper/skin I can0t modify the headphone and mic volume from the controllers but only on the skin with the mouse. Is it normal or it depends from my version of VDJ (I have 7.2). Thank you and keep up the good work

Posted Sun 02 Dec 12 @ 12:52 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Both mic and headphones volume knobs of RMX2 are hardware knobs only and dont send midi. So you wont be able to see then moving on the screen.
It is advised to use the hardware knobs to control both of them.

Posted Sun 02 Dec 12 @ 5:09 pm
nantodjHome userMember since 2012
que buen skins ! :D

Respeta el idioma de los Foros

Kichos

Posted Tue 18 Dec 12 @ 11:55 am
Sorry, this forum is for English language messages only.

Please either post your message again in English or use the appropriate language forum at the bottom of http://www.virtualdj.com/forums to post in your own language.

Posted Fri 21 Dec 12 @ 6:47 am
mmdjsauPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Excellent skin djdad. I used the RMX 2 with VDJ 7.3 for a NYE gig with a booth output as well as front of house and it all ran flawlessly all night. Only issue I have is making the effects, loops, etc dynamic so they display as mapped just like the old faithful RMX skin does (already noted from above posts) AND the fact that the RMX2 controller settings screen seems to want to reset to default values every time I reboot but I guess this is a hercules support issue unless somebody else has encountered this issue and has a solution. Example is if I turn off talk over attenuation it stays set off until the next reboot then is back to defaulty talkover on again.

Like many other I look forward to a solution for the dynamic PAD labels. Thank you djdad, your time and effort is appreciated by all of us.

Posted Sun 06 Jan 13 @ 1:43 am
Update.

Version 1.1

- Changed the FX Pads so that you can modify them from the XML file and change the effects without the need to modify/edit the bmp fies.
- Added 1366x768 & 1440x900 resolutions

Download link http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/15160/Hercules_RMX2.html

A few notes about the FX PADs change.
The original 1.0 version as based on the default mapper and some pre-defined effects. With the new version 1.1 you can change the effects easier, as all u need to do is to change just the xml file and not the graphics (bmp) file.

Example.
In case you need to change the assigned Effect of PAD 1 from Flanger (which is the default assigned effect) tp Flanjet

- Unzip the skin file and open the XML file (of your resolution) with Notepad or similar Text Editor.
- Search for Flanger and replace (All) with Flanjet.
- Close, and rezip (update the zip) file.

You will now see Flanjet instead of Flanger in your skin and if your Pad 1 is assigned to trigger the Flanjet effect, it will also show that in your skin.

Let me know if u need more assistance.

Enjoy !

Posted Tue 12 Mar 13 @ 3:40 pm
MimzarLE userMember since 2013
Hi DjDad

First, thank you for that amazing skin ! But could you explain me why when I tried to get the mapper that goes with the skin I have this message "Your current licenses do not allow you to download Controllers". Wich is weird cause I was allowed to download the skin for my RMX 2 and I'm sure the mapper you made is perfect...

Could you help ? Thanks !

Mimzar

Posted Tue 02 Apr 13 @ 11:24 am
Hello, sorry but that does not help.

Here what the link says " It is free limited software and does not support using custom settings, skins, effects, samples, mappers or any other plugins (Except during the 20 day trial of the full VirtualDJ Professional.) "

I am (still in these days ) in my VDJ pro trial period. And I was allowed to download that skin by djdad why not the controller/mapper ?

Thanks to help, it's sad to know that I cannot get the best of that nice skin !

Cheers,

Mimzar

Posted Mon 08 Apr 13 @ 6:21 am

Posted Mon 08 Apr 13 @ 7:35 am
Thanks a lot for the fast answer. Thinking about upragding to full pro now.

Cheers,

Mimzar

Posted Mon 08 Apr 13 @ 7:51 am
Awesome skin, tagged for info, thanks!

Posted Fri 19 Apr 13 @ 1:33 pm
i buy the rmx 2 but i can't download the skin

Posted Sun 12 May 13 @ 4:18 am
Skins can only be downloaded by registered licensed users who have purchased VirtualDJ.

If you have already purchased, then please register your serial number to your account http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html and then download the latest version from the Download Center: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html

If you only have VirtualDJ LE that came with your RMX2, then you will not be able to use custom skins except during the 20 day Pro trial because VirtualDJ LE is free limited software and doesn't support using custom skins, effects, etc. You will need to upgrade to the full VirtualDJ Professional: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html - Your VirtualDJ LE should entitle you to a discount off the cost of upgrading (Providing that it's not second hand and has not already been used.)

Posted Sun 12 May 13 @ 10:48 am
Any chance of a version with a black background instead of the silver?

Posted Tue 21 May 13 @ 9:55 am
desynControlleristMember since 2013
Just got this. Cant wait to start it up with this skin.

Posted Mon 01 Jul 13 @ 7:13 pm

Posted Tue 02 Jul 13 @ 5:08 am
djdad wrote :
Update.

Version 1.1

- Changed the FX Pads so that you can modify them from the XML file and change the effects without the need to modify/edit the bmp fies.
- Added 1366x768 & 1440x900 resolutions

Download link http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/15160/Hercules_RMX2.html

A few notes about the FX PADs change.
The original 1.0 version as based on the default mapper and some pre-defined effects. With the new version 1.1 you can change the effects easier, as all u need to do is to change just the xml file and not the graphics (bmp) file.

Example.
In case you need to change the assigned Effect of PAD 1 from Flanger (which is the default assigned effect) tp Flanjet

- Unzip the skin file and open the XML file (of your resolution) with Notepad or similar Text Editor.
- Search for Flanger and replace (All) with Flanjet.
- Close, and rezip (update the zip) file.

You will now see Flanjet instead of Flanger in your skin and if your Pad 1 is assigned to trigger the Flanjet effect, it will also show that in your skin.

Let me know if u need more assistance.

Enjoy !

in the skin does not switch the mode button when it is pressed on the controller.

Posted Sun 28 Jul 13 @ 2:25 am

Posted Mon 29 Jul 13 @ 3:04 am
34%