Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Help with DJ name...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

rii0023Home userMember since 2012
I'm new to this whole Virtual DJ. I've always wanted to mix my own music... such as club, electro, trance, dance, etc. And just get creative with it all. Before I start making a CD... I want to find out a DJ name. I've been thinking about it for about a month and still can't seem to have found a unique name. So I need someone's help. Oh and by the way my name is Erica.

Posted Tue 15 May 12 @ 11:31 am
Welcome to the boards DJ Erica! That should be good.

Posted Tue 15 May 12 @ 12:44 pm
DJMistaCPRO InfinityVDJ Radio TeamMember since 2009
I would say something that is unique to your style. Maybe something that your friends know you for
or even go by a nickname that they call you. But as mentioned above DJ Erica should be good as well.

hope this helps out a bit.
good luck
Charlie C

Posted Tue 15 May 12 @ 1:15 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Dj Miss Honeypot and I say that (to quote one of our departed dj comedians) "in the best possible taste"... with good looks like yours the flies will be circling very soon... rofl!

Posted Tue 15 May 12 @ 1:50 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
First and last name... If you don't like the last name, than make up a new one.

Posted Tue 15 May 12 @ 1:56 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
DJ nicknames are personal and, organic. Do a couple of gigs/shows/mixes and, someone will pay you a compliment. From those compliments, your name will come. good luck

Posted Tue 15 May 12 @ 2:27 pm
I would say DJ smilz since your profile pic has a great smile!!!! But that is just my suggestion on my first impression of your pic. Mine is MEDEK since that's what I do for a living....

Posted Tue 15 May 12 @ 4:22 pm
So if you DJ'd for a living, you'd call yourself DJDJ?

:-)

Posted Tue 15 May 12 @ 6:00 pm
DJ Scorpion .

Posted Tue 15 May 12 @ 11:03 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi to me try to drop the dj infront. Try ericA only. The different here is in the spelling. ericA is good to go. Hehe.. Anyway your birthday is a day after than me.. And your Scorpio too.. Cool hehe...

Posted Wed 16 May 12 @ 5:19 am
your name shouldn't be important, it may be the fact your a girl and your looks that initially help to get you gigs, but it's only the music you play and how you play it that will keep you employed longer than 15 minutes... Focus on your image and you will either have to start showing lots of skin or be forgotten, focus on mixing and you keep your integrity and will have staying power within the industry.

Posted Wed 16 May 12 @ 5:35 am
hello how to mix my name in a songs

Posted Fri 30 Nov 12 @ 10:07 am
Plug in a microphone, press record, say your name, save the file, play it back.

Posted Fri 30 Nov 12 @ 11:34 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
TearEmUp wrote :
DJ nicknames are personal and, organic. Do a couple of gigs/shows/mixes and, someone will pay you a compliment. From those compliments, your name will come. good luck

Thats how I got mine...

Posted Fri 30 Nov 12 @ 1:25 pm
DJAuzPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I definitely agree with it being personal. My name is DJ Lay Z because I consider myself somewhat lazy hehehe..

But here's some to get you going.

Tricky E
Erica Bass
DJ Loop E

etc. etc.

Posted Fri 30 Nov 12 @ 1:58 pm
i think ur nme is in your log-on....rii0023 DJ RII

Posted Tue 04 Dec 12 @ 10:37 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
D-Jerica :-)

Posted Tue 04 Dec 12 @ 12:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)