Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: well the other skin is dead, but this was born as a result... - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

a quick question about the installer, are we able to include fonts, I found a couple of great free one's on the internet I'd like to include, is this possible or should I refer users to dafont to download them in the instructions?

Posted Thu 24 May 12 @ 4:04 am
I have added fonts into one of my skins and just put some instructions in the description on how to use them / install them

Posted Thu 24 May 12 @ 6:36 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The skin installer is not installing any fonts. You will need to include the font to the skin zip file and some instructions (txt or pdf) on how users should use them.
All those files should be in the same zip file

Posted Thu 24 May 12 @ 8:51 am
cool, good to know that I can atleast include them :)

I am having a problem displaying a group of skin pannels, all i want is to display a songpos pannel when vinyl_mode is off and the correct variable is true, otherwise display a dual songpos and scratchwave pannel when vinyl_mode is on.. the code is very simple so i'm not sure why it won't work...

pink songpos pannel
deck 1 vinyl_mode 0 ? deck 1 var '1sp' 1 ? on : off : off

pink scratch pannel
deck 1 vinyl_mode 1 ? deck 1 var '1sp' 1 ? on : off : off

the variable number corresponds to the color 1 - 7 pink - purple, but I can't see that being a problem eg.

orange songpos pannel
deck 1 vinyl_mode 0 ? deck 1 var '1sp' 2 ? on : off : off

orange scratch pannel
deck 1 vinyl_mode 1 ? deck 1 var '1sp' 2 ? on : off : off

I know I can assign a different variable number to display the scratch pannels but I would prefer it to be linked with vinyl_mode as it means less onscreen clutter... any suggestions ?

Posted Fri 25 May 12 @ 12:52 am
Try this:

pink songpos pannel
deck 1 vinyl_mode on ? off : deck 1 var '1sp' 1 ? on : off

pink scratch pannel
deck 1 vinyl_mode on ? deck 1 var '1sp' 1 ? on : off : off

Posted Fri 25 May 12 @ 2:46 am
You Sir are incredible! it works! thanks phantom :-D

I think I need to stop thinking in terms of midi mapping and start thinking skins :-P

Posted Fri 25 May 12 @ 3:10 am
another question regarding storing pannel and variable names in the registry, are group names stored there aswell? I am working on cutting down the names of the pannels and variables to just two letters giving me 676 variations, any more than that and I can use three letters lol. but want to know if cutting down group names will save me space.

Posted Sat 26 May 12 @ 11:02 am
Group names does not get stored in the registry. So you can have them at ANY length...

Posted Sat 26 May 12 @ 11:54 am
thanks for that info phantom, that's great news because I can still have something resembling a name...

I just learnt a valuable lesson... when matching elements to their respective pannels capital letters matter! grrrr so annoying when you are don't know that, but great because now i can have 1000 pannels using id="aa" & id="AA" Muuhuhuhahahaaaa it's gonna be pannel mania! :-D

Posted Sat 26 May 12 @ 2:22 pm
In regard to the rhythmzone do you guys know of any way to display a certain deck with the masterdeck, I know I will be able to do it with variables that show particular pannels eg

for deck 1 and the master
visible="deck 1 masterdeck ? var 'deck 1 blue' ? on : off : off"
visible="deck 2 masterdeck ? var 'deck 1 blue' ? on : off : off"
visible="deck 3 masterdeck ? var 'deck 1 blue' ? on : off : off"
visible="deck 4 masterdeck ? var 'deck 1 blue' ? on : off : off"

visible="deck 1 masterdeck ? var 'deck 1 green' ? on : off : off"
visible="deck 2 masterdeck ? var 'deck 1 green' ? on : off : off"
visible="deck 3 masterdeck ? var 'deck 1 green' ? on : off : off"
visible="deck 4 masterdeck ? var 'deck 1 green' ? on : off : off"

etc...

But is there an easier way? the sdk only refers to "chan1_left" "chan3_active" etc.. but nothing about the master.

Due to the enormous amount of pannels required for dual rgb I am only having the master 1 color mixed with the decks rgb color.

EDIT-----------

actually on further investigation of the vdj7 4decks xml it looks like I need to make pannels for every possible combination of 1 & 3, 1 & 4, 2 & 3, 2 & 4, if i want to have the main wave displaying left and right out of 4 decks... Is that true? I'm going to draw a line on doing it if thats the case, as it has gone from 81 variations to 324 :-( ...that ain't gonna happen, I think it would just be easier to display all four waves all the time, or wait till version 8 to see if it's easier then.

Posted Sun 27 May 12 @ 1:56 am
If you want to display 2 waveforms only at each given time on the cbg then yes you need to create 4 panel combinations for a four deck skin per view.

Posted Sun 27 May 12 @ 6:52 am
I would suggest you to 'drop' the idea of having a 'constant' color for the masterdeck. It would confuse users.

PS: If you have 4 available colors for each deck then you need 4x4x4=64 panels.
If you have 5 available colors then you need 5x5x4=100 and so on...

Posted Sun 27 May 12 @ 7:06 am
It wasn't actually for the main waveform, I wanted to have individual rhythmzones on each deck so it wouldn't matter about the master being a single color as it would be repeated on each deck. I was going to do that instead of making the main rhythmzone view larger as I have to move everything down now which will be dangerous and time consuming to fix any errors that arise as a result.

It's a little hard to see but the inside of the waves is scratchwaves, I wanted them placed there so you can still see enough of the songpos window.

Posted Sun 27 May 12 @ 7:35 am
Is it available for download? Looks fantastic

Posted Fri 15 Jun 12 @ 7:56 am
thanks,

It's not available yet, I think I'm waiting until version 8 to see what new features we get. the issue is it's about 30,000 lines of code and I have reached the limit of pannels, but there is still more I want to include, so it will take quite a bit of reworking to fit the rest in...

It depends on how bored I get from now till then though lol.

Posted Fri 15 Jun 12 @ 8:06 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)