Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Playing a Video in Full

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,
I have a MP4 of a slide show that I want played on the screens while I am playing other music and such. The video is just for eye candy throughout the night. How do I play the video in the background while playing music and such throughout the night without it restarting everytime a different song starts?

I am running VDJ 7 Pro on a PC.

Thanks,

Posted Sat 21 Apr 12 @ 7:28 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Load it into clipbank and set to loop.

Posted Sun 22 Apr 12 @ 2:16 am
Hello I find good video convertor.

Posted Fri 18 May 12 @ 2:15 pm
I already used good video converter and high quality video software which can be helped me a lot to see any videos mixed with my pictures .
Sometimes,i have need to convert into mp4 . So,its great helpful to us for making any videos mixed with slideshow.

Posted Sat 30 Jun 12 @ 10:56 pm
I use ambient video a lot with virtual DJ and found it very easy to use the 4 deck skin for videos, ambient and mp3s. I use the top 2 decks for music videos and mp3s & the bottom 2 decks for ambient only

1. On the mixer part of the UI I turn off decks 3 & 4 and drop the volume on the sliders for those decks just to be safe :)
2. If playing a track or video on deck 1 and I know I going to transition into a song with no video, I add the mp3 to deck 2 (the track with no video) and then I add the ambient video to deck 4. On the video part of the UI I select deck 4.
3. When I'm ready to transition I start up decks 2 and decks 4 and use the crossfader to transition. It works great playing the mp3 on deck 2 and the ambient on deck 4.

My setup is really simple. I have no controller or anything like that. I've tried plugins in the past for ambient, but prefer this over the plugins.

Posted Mon 16 Jul 12 @ 1:31 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Jeez, you go through all of that when you could use clipbank, you really want to get to grips with the clipbank plugin mate, it will save you so much time and energy.

Posted Mon 16 Jul 12 @ 2:49 pm
i was wondering how do you play a music video in the Video section of the Virtual DJ Pro 7.

Posted Wed 20 Nov 13 @ 7:39 am
bigfigPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Is vdj pro 7 compatible with windows 8?

Posted Thu 28 Nov 13 @ 7:55 pm
The side comments in this thread are mind boggling.

In any case Tayla is right. Clipbank is by far the easiest way to run video loops. Right click on the image in the clip bank gallery once it is loaded and you can even beat sync the clip.

Posted Mon 23 Dec 13 @ 2:36 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)