Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Intel HD Graphics 3000 - Working now or no?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am about to upgrade my laptop and want to stream to a large 73" TV music videos and visuals, I have read about some problems with these graphics late in 2011 but now have not read anything recently. Have the kinks been ironed out?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1164716&CatId=4938

This is the laptop I am looking at for mixing videos and music. Sufficient?

if anyone cares to chime in my budget is 550-750, prefer i5 processor (heard i7 has issues with smaller cores)

Posted Mon 09 Apr 12 @ 12:17 pm
as far as i know, the size of what you're streaming out to doesn't matter except for a minimum resolution as long as the video card supports dual output you should be good.

Posted Mon 09 Apr 12 @ 7:39 pm
i have this with only an i3 and works fine for me, use your min resolution on your extended screen if you are using a mix of tvs from reg 42" to 73" size trust me it makes a difference

Posted Mon 09 Apr 12 @ 10:17 pm
Yeah size does matter for sure. When I tried this the first time I dragged my window over and stretched it out and it was SO laggy, when I started shrinking the window a bit I could see my CPU resources being freed up. Just using integrated onboard graphics on a HP Probook from 2009.

I think just to be safe I am going to try to get a new laptop with nvidia graphics, I just cant take the gamble and I see way to many topics on how to "fix" the video with the HD 3000.

Posted Tue 10 Apr 12 @ 9:37 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Bear in mind that while the HD3000 is a massive improvement on previous Intel cards, it is still only an entry level card.

Posted Wed 11 Apr 12 @ 3:40 am
i have intel HD graphics 4000 with 8gb of RAM i7 quad-core and it still doesn't work!

Posted Wed 05 Dec 12 @ 10:32 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008

Posted Thu 06 Dec 12 @ 5:55 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)