Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DDJ Ergo and automatic sync

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi everyone,
Yesterday while practicing on my Ergo with VDJ 7 Pro full, I probably touched something or modified a setting without wanting and it ended up to be great. ..
When I was moving the crossfader, to mix from one song to the other, the master deck and the corresponding light was also moving automatically from one side to the other (therfore there was no need to push SHIFT/SYNC to change the master deck).
Unfortunately, when I turned my computer on and tried again today, the set-up was gone and I am back to the SHIFT/SYNC button to select the master deck!

Would anyone know what to do to get this automatic master deck selection in line with the crossfader???

Thanks and have a good weekend, Jeff

Posted Fri 30 Mar 12 @ 9:21 am
The ergo mapper set the masterdeck switching to manually on start-up.
All you have to do is to click once on "Masterdeck" on the deck.
It will switch to auto and will follow the deck change.

Posted Fri 30 Mar 12 @ 10:41 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You can also edit the ONIT Key on the mapper of the Ergo and delete the & deck 1 masterdeck action. This way, each time you start VirtualDJ the masterdeck will be on auto mode.

Posted Fri 30 Mar 12 @ 10:56 am
Thank you both for your comments.
@ Support staff: What do you mean though by "click once on Masterdeck on the deck"...you mean click "masterdeck" on the deck on my laptop screen not on the controller...correct?
@djdad: If I delete the "& deck 1 masterdeck" action, will I run into any troubles if I use the 4 decks option?
Many thanks in advance,
Jeff

Posted Fri 30 Mar 12 @ 7:43 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
To set the masterdeck back to auto mode, you can do one of the following ..
a. Click with your mouse the label "MASTER" on the deck that is currently masterdeck on the screen
b. SHIFT+SYNC with the Ergo, on the deck that is currently masterdeck.
c. Assign a keyboard shortcut as .. masterdeck off and press that button once

Deleting the & deck 1 masterdeck from the ONIT key will not cause any troubles. On the contrary it will set the masterdeck to auto mode, each time you restart the software.

Posted Fri 30 Mar 12 @ 9:27 pm
Hi there I have the same SYNC / MASTER problem and I tried by deleting the masterdeck tet out of the ONIT key mapping but still VDJ7 PRO FULL does the same thing. I can only change the master deck by SHIFT&SYNC or by klicking on MASTER on the deck that I want to be the master deck. Any ideas?

Posted Sun 13 May 12 @ 7:00 pm
Make sure that you have not disabled the auto headphones option in CONFIG -> Options.

Posted Mon 14 May 12 @ 7:56 am
djdad wrote :
You can also edit the ONIT Key on the mapper of the Ergo and delete the & deck 1 masterdeck action. This way, each time you start VirtualDJ the masterdeck will be on auto mode.

I have this problem too but I'm not sure what you by editing the ONIT key on the maper of the Ergo. Can anyone explain how I do this or point me to somewhere that does please?

Posted Mon 11 Mar 13 @ 1:58 pm
Config > Mappers tab.

With the controller connected, scroll down the keys until you find "ONINIT"

On the right hand side scroll along the text and delete the section I have highlighted below then hit OK

Keith

Posted Mon 11 Mar 13 @ 2:15 pm
I don't know why Pioneer put that there, it should never be there on a factory default config. Nothing but an annoyance. Same thing with the factory Ergo skin, everytime you press an effect or a sampler it switches to that plugin screen. Lots of tweaking on the mapper and skin just to get rid of the annoyances with the Ergo. But once that has been taken care of, it turns out to be a pretty decent controller.

Posted Mon 11 Mar 13 @ 7:12 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Config > Mappers tab.

With the controller connected, scroll down the keys until you find "ONINIT"

On the right hand side scroll along the text and delete the section I have highlighted below then hit OK

Keith

Brilliant thanks!!!

Posted Mon 25 Mar 13 @ 2:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)