Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDj 8 Sneak Peak - Page: 17

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I got a few comments/suggestions for Virtual DJ if they have not been addressed yet.

1. Sampler:
Ability to tap or restart the effects as the key is depressed. fr example, stuttering the samples

2. Song files:
Cleaning up and or locating moved files. Would be great if re-linking the file to its new locating was made easier. Identifying unable files instead of loading and getting load error.

3. Gain:
Selecting a gain db level and automatically adjusting all songs to play at the same level for those that can. Auto gain not effective as songs have different levels and the level has to be reset

4. Recording:
Being able to burn a cd from a VDJ recorded mix that includes the track file information.

5. Optimization:
A script or button selection to have VDJ perform a setup optimization or system check. A copy of the report file can be forwarded the VDJ for recommended improvements or error identification

6. Video:
Ability to scroll information as text on the screen or over videos.

7. Virtual Folders
Ability to export the entire folder or folders with tracks included. Ability to obtain track listing of Virtual folders. Exporting tracks from Virtual folders omitting the tracks that are not available. See comment number 2.

Posted Tue 21 Aug 12 @ 8:24 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
A few of these features exist already.
onejudge wrote :
1. Sampler:
Ability to tap or restart the effects as the key is depressed. fr example, stuttering the samples

Use "while_pressed" in your mapping.

Quote :
2. Song files:
Cleaning up and or locating moved files. Would be great if re-linking the file to its new locating was made easier. Identifying unable files instead of loading and getting load error.

If you have not changed you file name and just moved it:
In the config menu Check you drive that contains your library. Do not clean it. It will then keep track of missing files without removing there informarion.
Then re-add the directory to the search database and it will re-associate with those files

Quote :
3. Gain:
Selecting a gain db level and automatically adjusting all songs to play at the same level for those that can. Auto gain not effective as songs have different levels and the level has to be reset

Check that your gain settings are auto+remember and rescan your songs. I have no issues with tracks that are at way different recorded levels playing without me riding the fader.

5. Optimization:
A script or button selection to have VDJ perform a setup optimization or system check. A copy of the report file can be forwarded the VDJ for recommended improvements or error identification

Quote :
6. Video:

There are a few options for this. Have you checked out SBDJ's 2 different Scroll Text effects?

Posted Tue 21 Aug 12 @ 9:24 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
blckjck wrote :
onejudge wrote :
1. Sampler:

Actually there is already a dedicated VDJScript action for this -

sampler play_stutter : play the selected sample. if already playing, restart from beginning.

To use on a specific slot use - sampler 1 play_stutter

Posted Tue 21 Aug 12 @ 12:19 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
cstoll wrote :
blckjck wrote :
onejudge wrote :
1. Sampler:

sampler play_stutter : play the selected sample. if already playing, restart from beginning.

I miss read what he wanted. I had in my mind to have the sample play as long as the key was pressed.
sampler 1 play_stutter while_pressed

That does give me an idea on how I want to remap mine tho.

Posted Tue 21 Aug 12 @ 2:09 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
@onejudge, you really need to get out more often, lol.

If you use Scotts text plugin combined with the free sms plugin from Firetext you can even have your audience texting the screen for free... you'll have texts coming out of your ears... rofl.

Posted Tue 21 Aug 12 @ 2:24 pm
Do you need a video card or can you pull it of with a shared graphics card? reason I ask is because a friend of mine was asking last night about his old lappy and if it would work or not.

Posted Wed 22 Aug 12 @ 6:19 am
I would just like ah drag and drop feature for the sampler and more sample banks without having to down load something.

Posted Wed 22 Aug 12 @ 10:31 am
onejudge wrote :

6. Video:

There are some information already available on VDJ v7 like showing your covers.

onejudge wrote :

7. Virtual Folders
Ability to export the entire folder or folders with tracks included. Ability to obtain track listing of Virtual folders. Exporting tracks from Virtual folders omitting the tracks that are not available. See comment number 2.

You can export your tracks in any of the virtual folder by doing it in FILE OPERATION "Copy to" and "Move to". You can also open the Tracks in their real folder location by "right clicking the tracks and choose "OPEN in FINDER" it helps if in case you want to know in which real directory or folders your tracks resides if you forgot it.

Posted Sun 09 Sep 12 @ 3:01 pm
tayla wrote :
@onejudge, you really need to get out more often, lol.

If you use Scotts text plugin combined with the free sms plugin from Firetext you can even have your audience texting the screen for free... you'll have texts coming out of your ears... rofl.

Actually, I am new to the Video feature on VDJ. I guess, I need to get out of this cave. lol.

Posted Mon 10 Sep 12 @ 2:10 pm
cesarcastillo wrote :
onejudge wrote :

6. Video:

There are some information already available on VDJ v7 like showing your covers.

onejudge wrote :

7. Virtual Folders

You can export your tracks in any of the virtual folder by doing it in FILE OPERATION "Copy to" and "Move to". You can also open the Tracks in their real folder location by "right clicking the tracks and choose "OPEN in FINDER" it helps if in case you want to know in which real directory or folders your tracks resides if you forgot it.

Cesar, I am aware of this procedure. I have multiple subfolders under each Virtual folder. For example;
Pop
New
Old
Latin
Reggae crossover
Soca crossover

I'm interested in transferring the folder with its subfolders all at once instead of individual folders. This way I can have a mirrored backup of my virtual folders to share with the other DJ's on my team.

Posted Mon 10 Sep 12 @ 2:18 pm
blckjck wrote :
cstoll wrote :
blckjck wrote :
onejudge wrote :
1. Sampler:

I miss read what he wanted. I had in my mind to have the sample play as long as the key was pressed.
sampler 1 play_stutter while_pressed

That does give me an idea on how I want to remap mine tho.

Works like a Charm....thanks

Posted Mon 10 Sep 12 @ 7:56 pm
I couldnt read all the pages, sry if it has been asked before.

What i was wondering is if the new sound engine will be able to kill all frequancies completely. As you know at the moment you cant kill bass, mids or highs completely. That would be awsome if we could do with new version.

Posted Wed 12 Sep 12 @ 8:02 am
the eq doesn't sound the best in version 7 due to the questionable frequency cutoffs, but it certainly has full kill on all frequencies... VDJ8 will have a frequency adjustable eq's so you can set it to suit the music that you play.

If you want something to tide you over you can use this on PC

rekkerd.org/david-ross-vst-plug-ins/

Posted Wed 12 Sep 12 @ 8:35 am

Posted Thu 13 Sep 12 @ 1:35 am
I want a manual please.. it would be great.

Posted Thu 13 Sep 12 @ 1:55 am
The manuals are generally released the same time as the software.

Keith

Posted Thu 13 Sep 12 @ 3:11 am
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
keith... with the time line, how many tracks can u have on it?

Posted Thu 13 Sep 12 @ 5:11 am
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posted Thu 13 Sep 12 @ 5:21 am
pseft wrote :
keith... with the time line, how many tracks can u have on it?

@Pseft,

You should know by now that features are not discussed before software is released.

Keith

Posted Thu 13 Sep 12 @ 6:00 am
88%