Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Rane Sixty Eight

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Does anyone know if you can use a Sixty Eight with VDJ? Can you hook up 2 laptops and use the internal sound cards, and use the midi controls?

Posted Tue 24 Jan 12 @ 7:51 am
Nobody knows if the sound card is compatible with VDJ?
Nobody knows if the buttons are midi mappable for VDJ?
Nobody knows my sorrow :(

Posted Wed 25 Jan 12 @ 7:58 pm
the sl1,2, 3 & 4 all have ASIO drivers so they can be used in vdj, if the 68 has drivers that should be fine as well, in regards to mapping it check the manual to see if it sends midi or HID, I think the ttm57sl sends HID as it's only supposed to be used with serato, If the 68 sends midi you could map it in an afternoon or two, if it sends HID you should still be able to map it but it would take a little longer to sort out and you probably can't count on serato giving up their baby to atomix for native support.

If you are considering it I would take in your laptop when testing it and make sure the soundcard is recognised and useable, then go into the mapper choose simple midi, press key learn, if you get something to map it sends midi so should be easy to define, if nothing comes up it's HID and a bit more difficult to define and map, but no promises that it would even work as I have no experience with HID.

The information should also be in the instruction manual...

Posted Wed 25 Jan 12 @ 8:20 pm
D2thaCPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hello all, I now have the SL4 and VDJ is not recognizing the sound card at all....any suggestions?

Posted Mon 12 Mar 12 @ 7:14 am
Ive currently been able to map almost all controls on the Rane 68 but cant find a way to control its LEDs and lights any help on how to do it?

Posted Mon 18 Dec 17 @ 8:26 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)