Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Error in ASIO sound driver with Hercules Console RMX

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a Hercules Console RMX and Virtual DJ 5 (DJConsole) and every time I open it, the message "Error in the ASIO sound driver" comes up. If I click OK, Virtual DJ will still come up but if I try to play music, the play button will turn blue like normal but the music doesn't play. I changed the playback device to my computer's internal sound card like it said under the FAQ and tried changing the audio mode under the control panel for the Hercules RMX to ASIO but it switched back to WDM and gave me the same error message when I opened VDJ again. I have Windows XP, Virtual DJ (DJC) and Hercules Console RMX, someone please help me!

Posted Fri 30 Dec 11 @ 9:10 pm
hey that hapening with my hercules 4 mx its the same message id tried fix but still same i need help too...

Posted Sat 31 Dec 11 @ 9:45 pm

Posted Sun 01 Jan 12 @ 12:44 pm
Ok so I downloaded the firmware and when I looked at the instructions in that link you added, it said to click on "more" in DJC to change the settings but when I clicked on it, the only thing that came up was the box asking if I wanted to upgrade to pro. Is there some other way to change the options?

Posted Sun 01 Jan 12 @ 5:45 pm
VirtualDJ LE is limited software, so I don't think this is possible outside of the 20 day trial.

If you can't access the sound setup, then download and install Home FREE: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/free.html

Run it with the console connected and verify that the settings are set exactly as on the pages above. Then close it before the 10 minute Pro trial is up and go back into LE.

Posted Mon 02 Jan 12 @ 11:43 am
MumblDJHome userMember since 2012
i have done all of this i still get this problem

Posted Tue 24 Apr 12 @ 9:21 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
I would suggest uninstalling all Virtual DJ:

- From the first window of the installer, select CUSTOM

- for every subsequent windows, choose SELECT ALL for every following ones

This will insure that all fines related to the software are removed ( the folder Virtual DJ should not be present in Document once the uninstallation is complete).

Then reinstall using the latest LE version (5.2.2) only.

Posted Wed 25 Apr 12 @ 6:32 am
I followed all but the message is still further..

Posted Thu 01 Nov 12 @ 10:09 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)