Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEWS] Atomix Productions acquires AdionSoft - Page: 10

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Ok this is not funny. Im losing sleep over this. This the nth time I'm checking this site for the release of VDJ 8. Haha. Im really excited.

in reference to this, it would be nice to have an approximate time of release, but good sign the thread is taken down..... looks promising???????

Posted Thu 29 Dec 11 @ 7:18 am
Around February - March is what I've read

Posted Thu 29 Dec 11 @ 7:37 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
DJ ISATY wrote :
Ok this is not funny. Im losing sleep over this. This the nth time I'm checking this site for the release of VDJ 8. Haha. Im really excited.

in reference to this, it would be nice to have an approximate time of release, but good sign the thread is taken down..... looks promising???????

There's no reason to be checking everyday, have a day off now and then :).

Posted Thu 29 Dec 11 @ 2:08 pm
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
DJ ISATY wrote :

It is Atomix Production's policy not to set release dates or disclose details of features that are planned or will be present in the next version.

This is to avoid disappointment should it not be possible to meet the deadline or include a feature for any reason.

The next version of VirtualDJ will be released once it has been finished and fully tested by the beta testing team.

Posted Thu 29 Dec 11 @ 3:15 pm
exciting stuff

Posted Fri 30 Dec 11 @ 12:25 pm
Lets just hope the new release is not so heavily coded with new "features" that it bogs down processors. Essentially bringing all our laptops and computers to a crawl. I don't want to have to re-invest in all new computers because a new release is so bloated.

Please please don't make the new release have so many processes running that it's glitching like crazy. That would be bad.

If you do plan on introducing tons of new features, just make them have the ability to disable the ones you don't need.

And... Please don't disable the ability to get into the setup menu while music or video is playing. That was an old pcdj problem.. That is.. Not being able to fix anything while music was playing. That was really silly.

Long live vdj!!

Posted Sun 01 Jan 12 @ 10:16 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Nonsense Harry, its not the coding.
VDJ needs a stable bloatware free environment to perform properly, don't confuse it.

Most XP users experienced this problem when upgrading to Vista or W7 on store bought computers LOADED with performance robbing bloatware.
Typically they couldn't figure out why with the new much more powerful computer was not operating properly with VDJ.

Best option is to purchase an OEM W7 version and run a dual boot keeping the original for internet and general use and the OEM for DJ use only.
This kills the bloatware and allows you to run without anti virus providing you keep the internet activity to a minimum.
Its the best $130 you could spend to get the power back from new computers.

Posted Mon 02 Jan 12 @ 8:05 am
Truly ALL VIRTUAL DJ NEEDS IS A SETTABLE AUTOGAIN...so theres no real need for mp3gain...tho i will always level my library...that the only gripe i have with virtual dj.....other than that best 300 dollars i plan to spend....

Posted Mon 02 Jan 12 @ 5:41 pm
also dont forget the dont clip option...

Posted Mon 02 Jan 12 @ 5:43 pm
The NAMM show in January will throw up some pretty exciting developments for 2012.
It would be difficult to think of VirtualDJ either not being there or showcasing a 12mnth + old Program.
So IMHO Virtual DJ 8 in some form will Debut here, with a teaser of its features, even if its not in general release.

Yes it will be released when ready, but i'm sure this date will be penciled in on more than a few Corporate calendars.

Posted Mon 02 Jan 12 @ 6:05 pm
Ok, been hearing of 8 dropping. Someone may have asked, but will the data base still be the same as far as cues, bpms, samples etc being saved? Or will I have to start from scratch?

Posted Mon 09 Jan 12 @ 5:42 pm
THIS THREAD ISN'T STICKY ANYMORE? ;-)

Posted Mon 09 Jan 12 @ 5:49 pm
The opening post at the beginning of nov last year stated more details of Vdj8 would be available SOON!

So here hoping for some detail "Real Soon"!

Posted Tue 10 Jan 12 @ 5:37 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
durdeesmurdee wrote :
Ok, been hearing of 8 dropping. Someone may have asked, but will the data base still be the same as far as cues, bpms, samples etc being saved? Or will I have to start from scratch?

If for any reason ver 8 will have a different database structure, be 100% sure that Dev Team will make sure that there will be a total, easy and no-loss conversion of your old database files. Same thing happened from ver 5 to ver 6.

synthet1c wrote :
THIS THREAD ISN'T STICKY ANYMORE? ;-)

Simply because its not news any more :)

Posted Tue 10 Jan 12 @ 7:52 am
Excellent to hear! Go go VDJ! I've been using VDJ for 7 years now. I think I started with 3.1. I can't wait for VDJ 8 as VDJ 7 was and is a huge accomplishment. Keep up the good work!

DJ DA3DALUS

Posted Tue 10 Jan 12 @ 10:14 am
Oh my

Quote :
DjRatR wrote :
Hopefully since you're starting from scratch with VDJ8, you'll finally fix the annoying crackling and popping sounds that using Master Tempo produces (despite having a fast machine and very low DPC latency)! The crappy sound engine is what almost made me switch to Traktor, but hopefully soon I'm gonna have a reason to never ever switch.

Odd, I get no such problems with master tempo?

Scott, please trust me... there are some combination of controllers and pc that have the sound quality doing weird things (even top of the line computers). I've tested on about 6 different computers. Same issue regardless of how powerful.
HS-5500 and Hercules 4+6 work AWESOME with VDJ.

Can't say the same about the MC6000 (Which I ABSOLUTELY love).
It works with traktor flawlessly... But on the same computer with Virtual DJ, sound issues.

Also, Pioneer ergo... Ugh!
Gave up on that. Sound quality was way worse.

At least I'm at a "Doable' state with the MC6000. Just wish the sound was better.
Can't really complain about too much else... The current release has never crashed on me.

I can't wait for the upgrade. Sound like it's gonna be AWESOME! And .PNG? I'm drooling at what I can achieve with that.

Posted Wed 25 Jan 12 @ 1:20 am
Jamey, use the WDM drivers for the MC-6000. The Asio ones don't work well at all.

Keith

Posted Wed 25 Jan 12 @ 3:36 am
So I posted in this thread over a year ago... and sadly I've seen nothing new with VDJ. Don't fall behind VDJ!!!

Posted Thu 19 Apr 12 @ 2:08 pm
It would appear that your time keeping is a little off.

Posted Thu 19 Apr 12 @ 2:14 pm
100%