Forum: PC Version Technical Support - Topic: external mixer

Use this forum if you have any question, bug, or technical difficulty with VirtualDJ on Windows.
Before posting, please read the FAQ.
(if you find bugs with the new VirtualDJ 8, please use the specific VirtualDJ 8 Bug Report forum).
VirtualDJ forums
PC Version Technical...
external mixer

Author - Topic: external mixer -

urjazzmixer
PRO Infinity
Member since 2009

Posted Thu 27 Oct 11 @ 5:42 pm
program will not seperate decks-still hear both from one line-what am i doing wrong?

my set up is
input-none
output=external mixer
soundcard-mono seperated

beatbreaker1
PRO Infinity
Member since 2007

Posted Thu 27 Oct 11 @ 5:56 pm
I don't think your LE version supports an external mixer.

Huey

urjazzmixer
PRO Infinity
Member since 2009

Posted Thu 27 Oct 11 @ 5:59 pm
it shows on my laptop so i think it does support it
Posted Fri 28 Oct 11 @ 3:19 am
VirtualDJ Basic does support separate decks to an external mixer - See http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

If you are using the mono separated option with a Y splitter cable, then you probably have the wrong type of splitter. You need a cable that splits the signal into two MONO signals (Left and right.) You probably currently have a headphone sharing adaptor which splits the output into two identical stereo outputs. This will not work for the mono separated option.

NOTE: For live performance, a proper multi-channel DJ sound card is recommended such as Numark DJIO. This will give you stereo sound for each deck.

urjazzmixer
PRO Infinity
Member since 2009

Posted Fri 28 Oct 11 @ 9:45 am
what do i need to use the two sound cards together--my comp sound card and the creative x-fi go pro

farhanashraf
Home user
Member since 2007

Posted Tue 15 Nov 11 @ 8:04 pm
^ yes, go pro