Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: for the milkdrop in you... - Page: 12

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
No issues activating on a deck manually here, sorry mate.

I also see no need to change the GUI either since I don't recommend running more than one instance on the plugin. The only practical way of implementing this is to drop the custom GUI and then that doesn't give a great display of information like the current preset.

Running multiple versions of a single plugin is also asking for trouble IMHO.

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 5:20 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Please! can we stop all of this mis-information coming from one user, the guy obviously has no idea what he is talking about, this can lead to new users been totally confused on the operation of plugins.

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 7:27 pm
humbug,a few are allready doing this.is the only way to reopen milkdrops on another instance.and as for the other fellow buy yourself a studio amount of gear then tell me something...I wished I didnt have to go through this.it is not up to professional standards...

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 7:42 pm
Again, I do not recommend running multiple instances of milkdrop. It was intended to either be run either once or to be used as the audio visualisation plugin. In the future I may actively prevent multiple instances.

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 7:51 am
that is not how we got to the moon scott.there is absolutly no problem using two different versions of milkdrop when one acts independent of the other.again I'm fluent enough in using real world effects,and again I ran these all nite no problem.at the contrary,it resolved a problem..

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 2:08 pm
That is your call. I however cannot support that and any issues it may cause.

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 3:06 pm
no worries..it has actually worked for 3 nites ,no crashes...I have not downloaded the last version,and dont need it...you come up with the "direct X assist" only after I went through that mess...and no credit there either.and tons cant even get their camaras running,but i got two...good luck to all.

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 3:36 pm
a beautiful sunny afternnon here in upper California....think I'll go in the mix...stay tuned...

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 6:24 pm
I dont hide behind an Avatar...I'm the TRACKER...this is my first mix in a "touch" responsive Plastic platter dingy...and I love it! VDJ8 on Alienware m18X running two camaras,internal & a GoPro v.1 wide lens hooked up via a pinnacle usb AV interface,and via the old peteLivefeed plugin (which by the way I've found a fix that keeps it from going to sleep & getting blurry,two versions of milkdrops,4 decks loaded and system purring like a kitten...as allways it just take an open mind...Whats Up?...pay attention to @ 7min & 9min into the mix.in fact I dare u to listen to it all..this is Fusion-House

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 10:45 pm
Ha,ha check out that deck swaping @ 7:05...had battle samples on both 3 & 4 but had to keep the camara on the deck Im scratching and the visuals on the opposite deck,so they were in a crisscross config.love that flip3d transition.you can see I was doing with the crossover like transforming.fun!

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 4:09 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Can't work out if this thread is a personal blog or a Facebook page...

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 5:36 am
humbug....

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 5:40 am
OK...back to my "personal blog"...here is my second video proving that...
A.) there is more than one reason to run the two versions of milkdrop.
B.) when I restored the whole computer it was to fix my internal webcam's own program that comes with this Alienware laptop as standard (the creative webcam Live! central ) not some bloatware... which opens as a Gui controller and it activates the minute it senses a live camara stream according to the programs info..and I suspect it is the reason my camara works while others dont...
C.) I do know what I'm talking about,others dont,or talk to much :)
D.) its all about the basics,mixing music,and for that VDJ8 ROCKS! (propaganda not )
E.) my videos are good propaganda for VDJ and they should pay me...

on a sad note,this video is dedicated to my friend who passed away some months ago,and who i knew for 30 years,I miss him..
and to one of the gratest Euro pop bands ever..DM

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 4:51 pm
@ Scott,I am your #1 fan for this plugin.I am just reporting what and how I need to use it.milkdrop8 is more likely to be used in visualizations location,right? now we dont want to close it because we need it as a total audio only viz.but now we want to activate a camara on one deck and crossfade to another deck with milkdrop,and if you are on 4 decks like me..yet another camara on a 3rd deck and another milkdrop on 4th deck (tried the newer slideshow,as an alternative works great but the idea is to get multiple camara angles as done in tv and such)...so what happens then?...get an external cam (I recomend the GoPro with AV outs) cant position the internal for side views,and as it is with the internal webcam for front views you need to tilt the screen downwards to get the shot of your mixer.and the webcam still lags terribly while the Go pro "Action" cam does not, but webcams is what most people have ready on their laptops so...
Ps. btw to me this IS a basic configuration...its how I pictured using this software from the start...

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 5:28 pm
Again, I will only support one instance and one version of this plugin. Other combinations of this are unsupported. Thats not to say it won't work - if it works for you then great - but I am not complicating my workload any more than I have to ;)

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 7:01 pm
I got ya Scott..I know your are way up to your neck in plugin updates imao...but look into it later..

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 7:22 pm
Hello dudes/chicks. I am looking at this plugin as a solution to VJ milkdrop during liveshows... Any comments using it for live shows... and is the plugin available as a demo?

Thank you!

Posted Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 7:53 pm
@ empowerT...allready works and implemented in vdj8,but you must get on a higher level and go pro license...

Posted Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 9:49 pm
Hello,

I have a strange problem with Milkdrop (VDJ8 latest beta on Windows 10).
I have switched from my gig PC (VDJ8 on XP) to a new PC (Windows 8.1 native and I have made a fresh install of Windows 10).
I have also re-installed the latest version of Mildrop plugin and... no images!!
And after launch it, it makes VDJ bug (very dark screen)!

(For information, my directX version is 11.2 and with windows 10, I can't find a way to install older version like directX9).

If someone can help me (SBDJ, if you hear me..).

Many thanks in advance for your help (and to tolerate my very bad english).

Michel

Posted Fri 23 Oct 15 @ 6:34 pm

Posted Sat 24 Oct 15 @ 9:18 am
97%