Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Need Reply ASAP. Gig In 3 Hours. Simple Video Problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am connecting Virtual DJ to a projector via HDMI from my windows 7 PC. The audio is fine but the video is skipping bad. I can play windows media player video fine on the projector and my resources and cpu temp are all fine. I know there is a simple fix for this but I cannot figure it out ><.

Thanks for your help

Posted Sat 03 Sep 11 @ 5:21 pm
--UPDATE--

I just found that the projector has nothing to do with it. Virtual DJ video skips no matter where it plays.

Posted Sat 03 Sep 11 @ 5:34 pm
These forums and support center as even more useless then the software. I just checked the history of other people asking htis same question. Not 1 reply. Time to toss virtual DJ in the trash.

Posted Sat 03 Sep 11 @ 6:13 pm
djnutzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Wow. Stop and think about this for a minute man. You are doing a paid gig yes? And you show up here as a no license user asking for help 3 hours before your gig. On a Saturday night when most DJ's are working as well? And you are upset you haven't gotten an immediate reply?

1. If you are using the free home version of this software at a gig, then you are violating the usage agreement. The free home version is not meant for commercial use, e.g. doing gigs.

2. The free home version doesn't support external video out to my knowledge, only in a window on the same screen. A teamer might be able to clarify that.

3. If you do have the pro version, then register your serial number here so you can download the updates and plugins and such.

4. You are troubleshooting 3 hours before a gig?! WTF man, you really should make sure all your ducks are in a row before going live. All I can say is you made your bed, now you gotta sleep in it.

That all might sound harsh, but it's the truth man. You want respect? Then you gotta give it by supporting the people who make this software available by purchasing and registering your serial number, anything less is simply stealing, and a bit disrespectful.

Posted Sat 03 Sep 11 @ 7:43 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
If you have issues with skipping then it's down to your system/configuration.

Please post up some actual information to get help including:

* Virtual DJ edition & version
* System specifications including video card and sound card
* Screenshots or text copies of your VirtualDJ sound setup and performances tabs from config
* A screenshot of your DPC latency

If you provide all that information then someone will probably come back and tell you what you are doing wrong. Without it no-one can help you as your problem isn't common.

As for leaving it to 3 hours before a gig to test that's just unprofessional...

Posted Sun 04 Sep 11 @ 5:12 am

Posted Mon 05 Sep 11 @ 3:53 am
First off. I never said I was doing a paid gig. Secondly I purchased this software two years ago when I posted that. I had been working on this problem for days before I jumped on this forum as a last ditch effort to resolve a problem I had with this software for a long time. It has been two years now and I tried to use my valid copy of this software again with no luck whatsoever. It is my standing now that this is the worst VJ software on the market and I recommend using Clubdj pro vj or even serato video instead.

Posted Sun 10 Feb 13 @ 9:26 pm
You came back a year and a half later to comment, lol!! But Id just register your copy and download the newest version...........

Posted Sun 10 Feb 13 @ 9:59 pm
vjscottHome userMember since 2012
Well I tried ClubDJ Pro and could never get it to play video smoothly... it had something to do with the K-Lite Video Codec Pack they require, which if you search on the net seems to get a lot of bad reviews from users. ClubDJ also has zero technical support or a forum like this.

I was also never able to get a demo of Serato working so I could see how it played back video, so I settled on VDJ and have been mostly happy with it. I also had playback issues and was able to solve them from answers provided here in the forum... if you search you should find them. I can't remember exactly what I did... I think it had something to do with changing the frame rate in the config file.

I also found that using smaller size MP4 video files helped.

I am hoping that VDJ8 makes playing back videos even better. I'm not sure what percentage of users actually play videos but hopefully there are enough to justify extra coding work by the makers of VDJ.

(Note: I am a licensed user, but I used a different user name than the one you see here.)

Posted Mon 11 Feb 13 @ 4:02 pm

SBDJMember since 2006
Well I tried to help you ClockworkAlex, but it seems you aren't actually interested in assistance and merely want to complain. I can see your account history and you have never raised a support ticket either.

If you would like to get your software working please answer me one simple simple question:

What video card does your machine have?

Posted Mon 11 Feb 13 @ 5:18 pm
and yet he still doesn't register his "legitimate" key with the website so he can download the latest software updates and show everyone he actually owns the software.

Posted Tue 12 Feb 13 @ 8:18 am
um, yeah... 3 hours to go and I can get the strippers out of my dj booth.. need help.. is more of the way I roll.. IN the next 180 min is going to give you
a. hear burn
b. head ache
c. half price dj pay
d. The ability to look through forms after 2 years to think maybe I should try it...
e. download of other dj programs from unknown sites...
im guessing all of the above but not the strippers..

Posted Wed 13 Feb 13 @ 7:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)