Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: error invalid skin - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

well i have this problem when i try to open numark cue v7.05 on my mac lion os, appear this------error invalid skin (file line % in the xml),,,, how can i fix this problem,,help me pleaseeeee

Posted Wed 17 Aug 11 @ 12:30 pm
p12itzHome userMember since 2011
Hi mate i got this problem, i had to re boot my mac and this got cue to open!

try it and let me know how you get on!! Do you get un responsive errors as well??

Posted Wed 17 Aug 11 @ 5:23 pm
The most common cause of this error is installing the software while logged in as one user (E.g: Fred) and then trying to run it as a different user (E.g: Joe.)

The other user is missing the /users/USERNAME/Documents/VirtualDJ folder (Or for new installations of v7.0.3 or above, /users/YOURNAME/Library/VirtualDJ folder.) The program will not run without this.

To resolve, please either:

(1) Install the software as the user you will be running it as.

(2) Manually copy the Documents/VirtualDJ and/or Library/VirtualDJ folder across to the other user.

This error can also be caused by installing an invalid or incompatible skin. If this is the case, please delete the skin from Documents/VirtualDJ/Skins and/or Library/VirtualDJ/Skins (NOTE: Do not delete the default VirtualDJ skins.)

If the above does not help, please try the following:

(1) Delete the following file: MacintoshHD -> Users/YOURNAME/Library/Preferences/com.atomixproductions.virtualdj.plist

(2) Go to the Download Center and download the latest installation file: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html

(3) Install the software using the installation file that you downloaded above.

Posted Thu 18 Aug 11 @ 6:49 am
still have the same problem i did everything you guys say,but doesn´t work for me..

Posted Thu 18 Aug 11 @ 9:50 pm
I am having the same problem. Still not working.

Posted Tue 23 Aug 11 @ 2:02 am
I have exactly the same problem, I deleted all the files that belong to virtual dj and reinstalled.
But it still doesn't work.

Posted Thu 25 Aug 11 @ 12:07 pm
... me too

Posted Thu 25 Aug 11 @ 1:25 pm
As of now Numark Cue is not compatible with OS X 7 (lion). I have had this issue also and contacted Numark and they said "there is no definite fix as of yet but we are constantly striving to resolve issues." hopefully they will have the fix soon.

What I did to resolve this issue was bootcamp windows and ran cue 7 from there.

Posted Thu 25 Aug 11 @ 3:25 pm
I just bought a new MacBook Pro with Lion. Same problem as what you guys are seeing... errors when trying to launch Numark Cue 7. Can't wait til Numark Cue 7 becomes compatible with Lion. Anyone know why VDJ works with Lion, yet Cue doesn't? Aren't they basically the same product?

Posted Wed 31 Aug 11 @ 9:12 pm
hey guys I've been getting the same error but i have the vestax typhoon and trying to install virtual dj le on my mac and I'm getting the same invalid skin error. can anyone help please?!

Posted Wed 31 Aug 11 @ 11:55 pm
moramaxPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Posted Thu 01 Sep 11 @ 7:24 am
For me this helped:
I downloaded Registry Tool here: http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/2170/Registry_Tool.html
When you open the tool you'll see nothing is filled in as skin. If you fill in: VirtualDJ 7 (2 Decks):1280x1024 (or what skin you want to use)
Press apply and open Cue/Virtual dj.

I hope this'll help you guys! And sorry for my bad english ;-)

Posted Thu 01 Sep 11 @ 8:40 am
I am a longtime Numark Cue user and have been using it with my Denon DN MC-6000 for several months (running Mac OS X 10.6.6 on an old MacBook Pro). As I mentioned in my previous post, I get this same "invalid skin" error when I try to install and run Numark Cue 7.0.5 on my brand new MacBook Pro w/Lion (just bought it last week). Hoping that Numark makes Cue OS X 10.7 compatible soon.

As a temporary workaround, I tried installing the Virtual DJ LE 7 (v7.0.3) that came with my Denon DNMC-6000 on my new Lion computer. It installed and launched just fine.

At least I'm not dead in the water right now...but hoping that Numark Cue 7 will be Lion compatible soon so that I don't have to use the VDJ_LE version. I miss the full version of Cue already!!! Anyone have any news on how soon Cue will be 10.7 compatible?

Posted Thu 01 Sep 11 @ 9:14 am
Hey Casperr, did the registry tool work for VDJ or CUE?

Posted Thu 01 Sep 11 @ 9:23 am
@cascadedj It worked for Cue for me.

Posted Thu 01 Sep 11 @ 9:37 am
moramaxPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
cascadedj wrote :
I am a longtime Numark Cue user and have been using it with my Denon DN MC-6000 for several months (running Mac OS X 10.6.6 on an old MacBook Pro). As I mentioned in my previous post, I get this same "invalid skin" error when I try to install and run Numark Cue 7.0.5 on my brand new MacBook Pro w/Lion (just bought it last week). Hoping that Numark makes Cue OS X 10.7 compatible soon.

download and install again Numark cue 7.0.5...the problem is been fixed an a new installer is available on the download center

Posted Thu 01 Sep 11 @ 10:48 am
THANK YOU MORAMAX!! The new 7.0.5 pkg file installed just fine and launched without any problems! Now I'll try hooking it up to my Denon DN-MC6000 to make sure it works there before taking my new laptop out to gigs this weekend.

If anyone has a new MacBook Pro (August 2011) running Mac OS X 10.7 Lion and you're getting the "Error invalid skin" error when trying to launch Numark Cue, try installing this new installer from the download center. The new Numark Cue 7.0.5 installer fixes it :)

Thanks again and happy DJ-ing!!!

Posted Thu 01 Sep 11 @ 10:39 pm
Casperr.... you are a huge help! thank you!!!

Posted Wed 17 Apr 13 @ 9:22 am
from where do i download virtual dj LE for xdjr1 .i am not able to download the one where i put the xdjr1 key password

Posted Tue 16 Dec 14 @ 4:49 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008

Posted Tue 16 Dec 14 @ 8:01 am
95%