Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Video Output Doesn't Work - Radeon HD6770m - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hey folks,

I'm at my wits end. I've scoured the forums without any success for finding a solution.

I've tried switching VirtualDJ to "High Performance" in the "Configure Switchable Graphics" console. No luck.

When I hit the dropdown menu in the VDJ Video Tab, only "Mobile Intel HD Graphics" shows up - No the ATI 6770m card. Selecting this option makes the extended displays go black and no video plays either in VDJ or the screen. Tried both checking/unchecking hardware acceleration.

My specs:
• Windows 7 64-Bit
• 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM Processor 2.00GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to
2.90GHz
• 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 DIMM)
• Radeon™ HD 6770M switchable graphics with 1024MB GDDR5 and up to 4837MB total graphics
memory

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted Sun 03 Jul 11 @ 2:40 pm
Friendly bump :-)

Posted Wed 06 Jul 11 @ 1:25 pm
do you need to activate the other video card before starting vdj maybe? try: control panel -> display properties

Posted Wed 06 Jul 11 @ 1:37 pm
Nope, there's no setting there for that.

Posted Wed 06 Jul 11 @ 3:00 pm
Just so everyone knows where I'm at, I'm updated every driver I could possibly come across with no success.

Posted Tue 12 Jul 11 @ 10:10 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
premiumdj wrote :
Hey folks,

I'm at my wits end. I've scoured the forums without any success for finding a solution.

I've tried switching VirtualDJ to "High Performance" in the "Configure Switchable Graphics" console. No luck.

When I hit the dropdown menu in the VDJ Video Tab, only "Mobile Intel HD Graphics" shows up - No the ATI 6770m card. Selecting this option makes the extended displays go black and no video plays either in VDJ or the screen. Tried both checking/unchecking hardware acceleration.

My specs:
• Windows 7 64-Bit
• 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM Processor 2.00GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to
2.90GHz
• 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 DIMM)
• Radeon™ HD 6770M switchable graphics with 1024MB GDDR5 and up to 4837MB total graphics
memory

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Go into control manager and disable the "Mobile Intel HD Graphics" and see if that works....but you must reboot your computer after this change to see..

Good Luck,

Joey...

Posted Tue 12 Jul 11 @ 11:21 am
Joey, thanks for the tip! No luck on that either though...

Posted Sat 16 Jul 11 @ 10:13 am
i'm having the samething with hp dv7 - 6050ea and looking for help on this as well

Posted Sun 17 Jul 11 @ 3:54 pm
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Not sure if the same issue with the ATI driver but for my Nvidia video card I had to remove the underscore from the file name to get it to open with the Nvidia card everytime. Instead of virtualdj_pro.exe rename it to virtualdjpro.exe and set the video card driver to open with that program.

thanks,
David

Posted Wed 20 Jul 11 @ 8:25 am
David, I'm going to try your fix today. I'll kick myself if something that simple works...

Posted Fri 29 Jul 11 @ 11:05 am

Posted Fri 29 Jul 11 @ 11:27 am
MJ177PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hi all! Brand new VDJ user here, just moved over from PCDJ VJ -- ANYWAY -- just bought myself a new HPdV7 with the Radeon 6770M card as well --

Is yours a HP by chance? HP just released a statement in july as well as a BIOS fix to give users the ability to put the vid card in a fixed mode from the BIOS therefore taking out all the issues of the switchable graphics in Win 7 and the whole open gl thing..

Check it! :

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video/Official-HP-statement-on-Switchable-Graphics-and-Open-GL/td-p/766285

I was having similar problems with no video or no video effects -- and only the Intel one showing up in the video options, but now after the update i'm running pretty smooth so far! I hope to use VDJ thursday for the first time live at an event, so we'll see how the rest of my testing goes...

Good luck!!
MJ

Posted Wed 17 Aug 11 @ 12:45 am
MJ177 wrote :
Hi all! Brand new VDJ user here, just moved over from PCDJ VJ -- ANYWAY -- just bought myself a new HPdV7 with the Radeon 6770M card as well --

Is yours a HP by chance? HP just released a statement in july as well as a BIOS fix to give users the ability to put the vid card in a fixed mode from the BIOS therefore taking out all the issues of the switchable graphics in Win 7 and the whole open gl thing..

Check it! :

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video/Official-HP-statement-on-Switchable-Graphics-and-Open-GL/td-p/766285

I was having similar problems with no video or no video effects -- and only the Intel one showing up in the video options, but now after the update i'm running pretty smooth so far! I hope to use VDJ thursday for the first time live at an event, so we'll see how the rest of my testing goes...

Good luck!!
MJ

Thanks for this just downloaded it and lets see?

thanks
martyn

Posted Wed 17 Aug 11 @ 4:01 pm
***Crosses Fingers!!*** Let us know if it works! :)

I think i'm going live with VDJ tomorrow night! If all goes well i'll be running it all weekend!! :)

Good Luck!

8-)

Posted Wed 17 Aug 11 @ 10:58 pm
nope that didn't work had more cashes with it work fine for 4-5 video and a flickers then video freeze and then window cashes now vdj pro 7.0.5b.

Posted Thu 18 Aug 11 @ 2:44 pm
Wow Triggers, i'm sorry to hear that! :( -- You went into the bios and changed it to Fixed mode? -- sorry to ask but just wanted to make sure :)

Tonight i used VDJ at my bar gig and over all it went well, but i'm having the Memory leak issue as discussed in other threads -2nd song in too. :(

i guess i'm gonna try to find some old drivers and see if that fixes it --

Good luck man, i really hope you get it working!
mj

Posted Fri 19 Aug 11 @ 1:41 am
Spent 2.5 hours with tech support-- i'm all set on running the correct card but we started working on the memory issue -- i know this isn't the thread about the memory buffer issue, but it's still the same 6770M video card so i figured why not....
the tech support guy used to be a DJ back in the 80s so we had an enjoyable conversation while waiting for things to reload and such....
but long story short, i went ahead and setup my system while on the phone with him and began to DJ - opened task manager and play a video in one player and have another video loaded ready to go, when the player playing finishes playing i watch my ram usage go through the roof, that is until i load something into the deck that just finished playing... after speaking with tech support i can't see how VDJ can blame this on the ATI card or the HP computer because it happens after the software plays the file and i can fix it by simply loading a new song in -- so i really want to believe them when they are telling me that this is not a problem on their side....

thoughts? and sorry to put blame straight to VDJ -- i haven't been here that long so i'm still trying to get caught up in all the discussions, but from what i have read it looks like VDJ's stance on this issue is not our problem, ati problem... maybe i'll call VDJ tech support next?

Posted Sat 27 Aug 11 @ 4:46 am
This problem is caused by video cards with buggy drivers that report more video RAM available to VirtualDJ than what is really available (I.e: That onboard the card + your system memory.) VirtualDJ tries to use this RAM for caching the video in memory, so you can jump to cue points, another position in the video, scratch, etc.

As the song progresses, the memory usage will go up accordingly. When you load a new song on the deck, the memory will be freed up and will then start to increase again.

The only solution to this problem is updated drivers from the manufacturer of your computer that correct this problem. In some cases, older drivers may also fix the problem (Due to be written before when the bug was introduced.)

This problem most commonly occurs with recent ATI video cards, but can also occur with other models with similar driver issues.

To work around this issue, you can try using the Registry Tool ( http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/2170/Registry_Tool.html ) to adjust the maximum video memory that VirtualDJ can use (VideoMemMaxUse) to a more suitable setting, e.g: 128

Posted Sun 28 Aug 11 @ 8:14 am
BuBullePRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hello,

Reading the post from MJ177 before support staff, I was just thinking "but if video cards tell lies about their capacity, why can't we just have a variable either in system or in VDJ that allows us to specify what we think is really available" ? Seems like the registry option below is one option. I am just about to order a new laptop and unfortunately my supplier does only have ATIs available. So I am very much interested in workarounds on this issue.

Does anyone have success with the registry workaround ? With this am I a bit safer with an ATI video card ?

Pat

Posted Wed 31 Aug 11 @ 3:38 am
Hi Guys!

Got a DELL Vostro 3550 with a Radeon 6630M running Win7x64. I got the same annoying graphic problem...
The video output is blank (on the laptop screen AND on an external monitor) and it doesn't matter which video file format I try running.

I'm glad the guys with hp machines got a solution, but DELL customers aren't that lucky... The latest BIOS is installed (no graphic options at all) as well as the latest graphic drivers.
Other programs, which require much better graphic capabilities, work without a hitch.

I tried installing an older INTEL driver which somehow diabled the Intel part of the graphic card. It also made the video display on VDJ possible but it flickers and the 3D effects are awful.

If anyone has any ideas, please share...
Thanks in advance! :)

Posted Sun 04 Sep 11 @ 8:29 am
67%