Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Video Output Doesn't Work - Radeon HD6770m - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

MJ177PRO InfinityMember since 2009
BuBulle wrote :
Hello,

Reading the post from MJ177 before support staff, I was just thinking "but if video cards tell lies about their capacity, why can't we just have a variable either in system or in VDJ that allows us to specify what we think is really available" ? Seems like the registry option below is one option. I am just about to order a new laptop and unfortunately my supplier does only have ATIs available. So I am very much interested in workarounds on this issue.

Does anyone have success with the registry workaround ? With this am I a bit safer with an ATI video card ?

Pat

I tried bringing it up... even all the way to 512! (i have 2gigs ded. video ram) and still got the pop up error. I have since reset it back to default and i'm not getting the annoying pop up anymore, but at the end of my video tracks i have to load something in afterwards or the software's Ram usages goes through the roof -- but - not getting the pop up... so i guess its sort of fixed...

sigh.

Posted Mon 05 Sep 11 @ 4:11 pm
Your all on the right track.

In the systems BIOS, (when you first turn on the pc) there is a setting for a Primary Video Adapter (on board) or PCIe Slot.
It may be set to AUTO. If so, then set it to the PCIe slot only. The other option would be for 'On Board Devices' disable the video.

Upon rebooting, the ATI card is now the primary and only card. So be sure to plug your monitor into that when you reboot.

Then you can activate the secondary output in Win 7 to extend the displays.

<Windows Key> + 'P' will toggle the display modes. Set it to extend.

Once this is active, you can verify it by right clicking on your desktop and go to 'Screen Resolution'.
Two displays should be shown. If not then VDJ will never see it.

Note: Some video cards need to see a physical device connected to the secondary output. Otherwise it will activate the port.
Driver issue with Win 7. In this case you may need a scan converter.
KWORLD PCTV1600 for $40 works well. VGA in then outs are S-Video, Composite, Component Out, and VGA (for a second DJ/VJ monitor).

Other Notes: Disable all anti virus. Run VDJ in with FULL Administrator privileges. Avoid any other running applications in the background.

Good Luck...!

Posted Thu 03 Nov 11 @ 12:18 pm

Did anyone get to the bottom of this. I have the same problem with a new Aspire laptop (2.9i7, 16GB Ram, 2Gb Video). In bios the only setting I can change is for it to use the Intel onboard or switchable. There is no setting to use the HD6650M only for dual monitor output as described in the HP link. Have tried registry settings, latest bios updates, etc. Is set for virtual dj to use high performance but it doesnt work. Black screen when full screen, lots of stuttering. Have sent message to Acer support but heard nothing back yet. Bought this laptop mainly for djing and its not as good as my old dual core like this.

Posted Fri 18 Nov 11 @ 6:20 pm
patmo36PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Set the max memory usage at 1. It Will solve all your problems with video.

Posted Tue 22 Nov 11 @ 5:22 pm
elite1PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm not sure this is the absolute fix because it seemed to work and I'm too afraid of resetting anything to find out. I right clicked on the desktop, then Personalize, Display, Change Display Settings and then click where it says Advanced settings. I then clicked where it says List All Modes and then selected a slightly lesser setting to 1280 by 768, High Color (16bit), 60 Hertz and for whatever reason, video now runs just fine as does Sonique and all other transistions and such. Worth trying if you're still fighting this problem. This is on a new Dell Inspiron N4110 w/ i5 and 6gb RAM. Also shows an AMD Radeon HD 6470M display adapter along with the Intel HD Graphics Family. I was fighting the same problem of no video at all on desktop nor through my attached projector. If it did happen to show, it would skip and stutter and then finally just freeze totally up. Now it appears to be fine and I test numerous videos and severl Sonique ambients as well. Also tried out Satellite and Fade as well as Video Cube. All worked.

Posted Wed 30 Nov 11 @ 8:43 pm
MJ177 wrote :
Hi all! Brand new VDJ user here, just moved over from PCDJ VJ -- ANYWAY -- just bought myself a new HPdV7 with the Radeon 6770M card as well --

Is yours a HP by chance? HP just released a statement in july as well as a BIOS fix to give users the ability to put the vid card in a fixed mode from the BIOS therefore taking out all the issues of the switchable graphics in Win 7 and the whole open gl thing..

Check it! :

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video/Official-HP-statement-on-Switchable-Graphics-and-Open-GL/td-p/766285

I was having similar problems with no video or no video effects -- and only the Intel one showing up in the video options, but now after the update i'm running pretty smooth so far! I hope to use VDJ thursday for the first time live at an event, so we'll see how the rest of my testing goes...

Good luck!!
MJ

Posted Sun 01 Jan 12 @ 5:27 am
Happy New Year!

HP Dv7-6163 Radeon HD 6770M video card ~

Updated Bios and setting to Fixed mode vice dynamic mode fixed problem..

Thank you!
Suga

Posted Sun 01 Jan 12 @ 5:29 am
Hi , i was configuring my new hardware setup today with my ATI Hd5450 1G DDR3 and i had a problem with video hardware acelleration , it looks that 2nd deck video was having artifacts in video like when we get gpu on high temp .
I was almost contacting AMD site for a solution until i found the solution to this on one simple reply from (patmo36) saying to use registry editor from vdj and setting max memory to value 1 , and it works perfectly !!!
Thanks a lot for the help , you really saved amd support and vdj support from this one .
Happy new year to everyone .

Posted Sun 01 Jan 12 @ 7:27 pm
TeoTJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I am having the same problem, but could not a solution.

Posted Mon 23 Jan 12 @ 6:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)