Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: How to Install Effects on VDJ LE - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi,
I have a Mixtrack Pro that came with Virtual DJ LE. I found out that you can download effects onto VDJ. I've found where the effects that you can download are but I have no ideas which ones will work on my PC and I also have no idea how to install and use them. Any help is needed.
Thanks

Posted Sat 11 Jun 11 @ 8:36 pm
When you find an effect you want look for the "PC" icon, just click on that and choose run. I believe their all ".exe" files so they should install themselves. If not download the zip, then open it and extract the ".dll" to your effects folder and you should be good to go.

Hope that helps
Huey

Posted Sat 11 Jun 11 @ 11:00 pm
Sorry, the software that you received with your MixTrack Pro is a limited edition and does not allow custom skins, effects, etc. to be used or the program configuration options to be changed (Except during the 20 day trial of Pro.)

To be able to use custom skins, effects and much, much more you will need to upgrade to the full VirtualDJ Professional. Your VirtualDJ LE entitles you to a considerable discount off the cost of upgrading. To receive this, please go to http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html and enter your software serial number in the box provided at the bottom of the page.

You can also try out Pro features in VirtualDJ v7 Home FREE by going to http://www.virtualdj.com/download/free.html - This software will allow you to test your MIDI controller with it for 10 minutes at a time before reverting back to internal mouse and keyboard control only.

Posted Sun 12 Jun 11 @ 1:21 pm
The comparison chart of all the versions say that you will have a limited access to effect and sample download with virtual dj le and you say we can't.

I am confused!!

Posted Tue 19 Jul 11 @ 2:43 am
A VirtualDJ LE license does allow you to download skins, effects and samples. However, these can only be used during the 20 day trial of Pro.

VirtualDJ LE is limited software and does not allow customisation (Except during the Pro trial) - For that, you will need to upgrade to the full Pro at a discount: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html (50% discount in the case of the MixTrack Pro, which is a very generous offer.)

Posted Tue 19 Jul 11 @ 12:28 pm
Seems like a ridiculous con, but whatever. Same issue, same fix. Thanks.

Posted Tue 17 Jul 12 @ 9:41 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It's not a con at all is it though?

Bundled LE (Limited Edition) versions of Virtual DJ are free - you are paying for the hardware. You can't expect everything for free.

On top of that free version you even get a discounted upgrade too!

Posted Tue 17 Jul 12 @ 9:46 pm
amerfLE userMember since 2011
Support staff wrote :
A VirtualDJ LE license does allow you to download skins, effects and samples. However, these can only be used during the 20 day trial of Pro.

VirtualDJ LE is limited software and does not allow customisation (Except during the Pro trial) - For that, you will need to upgrade to the full Pro at a discount: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html (50% discount in the case of the MixTrack Pro, which is a very generous offer.)

hence the LE :D

Posted Wed 24 Oct 12 @ 9:33 am
mikalcPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I have the N4 with VDJ Pro MAC, I have downloaded the Echo out bundle, but the controler nor software sees it. Any advice?

Posted Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 10:10 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 11:18 am
ok, here is the thing. Its worth the money as MY entitred WORLD changed the second I had a few features. Like custom mapping ( hehehe) and the video effects ( hahaha). Now it is like running ten things one program. Life is good when your the pro..

Posted Sat 17 Nov 12 @ 10:45 am
Na I think thats really insane. you buy a $500-$1000+ product. it comes with this program. and you are given 5 total ******** effects. and you have to spend $350 moreto be able to add effects and use them. That is a Con. I can understand getting the program to have access to all the songs in the search but 5 effects. Lame.

[Moderated: Please do not use bad language in your forum posts]

Posted Tue 22 Jan 13 @ 12:45 pm
You paid that money for the hardware. The software came free. Atomix do not earn anything by bundling the software with the controller. The version you get is there to make sure you do not have a plastic/metal brick to look at, but a functional piece of DJ equipment.

That said, I'm sure it came with more than one software package for you to "try". All of which will require some kind of chargeable upgrade in the future.

However, if you think VirtualDJ works best for you, then upgrading to Pro should be a no brainer. And don't forget that would include a FREE upgrade to v8 too.

Then again, if the controller didn't come with any other software, how else would you get it to work?

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Tue 22 Jan 13 @ 1:55 pm
Djintuit wrote :
Na I think thats really insane. you buy a $500-$1000+ product. it comes with this program. and you are given 5 total bullshit effects. and you have to spend $350 moreto be able to add effects and use them. That is a Con. I can understand getting the program to have access to all the songs in the search but 5 effects. Lame.

Actually the price of VirtualDJ PRO Full is $299. On top of that if you have a controller that comes with VirtualDJ LE you are entitled to discount. Usually the most expensive controllers offer bigger discount, up to 50%. In other words you pay $500-$1000+ for hardware but you don't want to pay another $150 for the full version of the software ?
Downloading effects, skins, and other add-ons is FREE. Also all software updates until today (including the future version 8) are FREE and currently there's no plan for this policy to change...
Personally I think this is a GOOD deal!

PS: I own all current software titles of the market and I always update them to the latest version. Some of them have costed me 3 times the amount I paid for VirtualDJ 4 years ago, just to keep them up to date ;)

Posted Tue 22 Jan 13 @ 2:18 pm
once you own this we have life time upgrades un like any of the other dj stuff out there. I would never go back.. been there before stuck with what works best..

Posted Thu 31 Jan 13 @ 4:52 pm
Kind of ridiculous i can't use skins and effects just cause I HAVE LE version. can i use netsearch with LE

Posted Fri 29 Mar 13 @ 1:19 pm
Not ridiculous at all - VirtualDJ LE is a limited software to allow you to use your new controller out of the box if you don't already own suitable DJ software. Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/How%20do%20I%20change%20the%20skin%20or%20use%20plugins%20in%20VirtualDJ%20LE%20or%20Console%20Edition.html

If you want more features and the ability to customise the software then you will need to upgrade to the full VirtualDJ Pro: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html - Your VirtualDJ LE should entitle you to a discount off the cost of upgrading.

If the CONFIG -> Internet tab is available then you should be able to use NetSearch. Or if the NetSearch folder is shown, click on it and search for something and it should prompt you to log in (Obviously this won't have any effect if you don't have a subscription.) Only the audio plan is supported with versions of VirtualDJ prior to v7.4 - Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/What%20is%20ContentUnlimited.html

Posted Fri 29 Mar 13 @ 1:23 pm
So I have the DDJ-ERGO with VDJ LE. I want to put some extra effects on my VDJ LE, so I downloaded some effects from the site and pressed the "exe."and run it and it says "installation complete!", but the effects don't show up when I run CDJ LE! So do I need to upgrade to the "full" version or am I doing something wrong?

Posted Sun 09 Jun 13 @ 9:33 am
VirtualDJ LE is limited software and doesn't support using custom effects, skins, etc. except during the 20 day trial of the full VirtualDJ Pro. If your trial has expired (Or has not been activated yet) then any additional effects that have been installed will not show up.

Please read our FAQ pages: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/How%20do%20I%20change%20the%20skin%20or%20use%20plugins%20in%20VirtualDJ%20LE%20or%20Console%20Edition.html

You can upgrade to the full VirtualDJ Pro at a discount by going to: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Posted Sun 09 Jun 13 @ 10:53 am
I know I may be a new member but Im sorry I feel a little bit cheated cause I was always been a true fan of Virtual DJ. And after seeing so many people with cracked versions, I decided to step- up and buy my own real deal set up. So I went and bought the Pioneer DDJ-WEGO out of the apple store yesterday, and damn near cried when I seen I payed $325 for a DJ controller with a LIMITED EDITION DISC? Thinking should I return.....

Posted Fri 11 Oct 13 @ 3:11 am
61%