Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Print Playlists

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

fcislerPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I frequently get requests to print up a playlist of my evening's music. I hadn't found much luck with anything other than loading the playlist into winamp and printing out a HTML playlist, which I was not happy with.

I created a program (visual studio 2008) which does the following:

1) Scans "My Documents"\VirtualDJ\Playlists for all .m3u files. Lists available playlists.
2) Loads the .m3u text. Ignores lines with # (virtual DJ adds the first two lines)
3) Reads each MP3 for ID3v1 tags. If no tags infer (guess) artist/title for each song.
4) Displays list of all artists/songs in a format (crystal reports) that you can print or export to PDF or any number of other formats.

My questions, as I am new to this board:

1) Am I able to offer this software to other members? I don't want any money - it's free as long as you are not charging anything additional for it's use. I can upload to megaupload or somewhere else.
2) Is there already a plugin or do other people have software that does this?

If there is interest for this and I am allowed please let me know. I'm sure I can modify it to be a plugin if needed - right now it's just a standalone .exe.

Thanks,
Frank

Posted Sun 22 May 11 @ 5:20 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Sun 22 May 11 @ 5:57 pm
fcislerPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Thank you for the links. Unfortunately none of those will allow me to print the playlist. I'll clean up my code and submit it.

Posted Thu 26 May 11 @ 10:47 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Another way you can print a list..

1 Collect the songz you need to print in the browser.
2. You can also use a folder if you want.
3. Highlight all and drag to AutoMix PlayList.window.
4. Click on save option, name your playlist & click OK..
5. Open iTunes and click on any playlist.
6. Go to file, then library and choose "Import Playlist".
7. Go To: C:\Documents and Settings\ "Your Name"\My Documents\VirtualDJ\Playlists.
8. Find your playlist you saved in VDJ and import.
9. Once imported and highlighted.
10. Go to File, Print, and choose Song Listing, Click OK.
11. Now this will work only on selected media that is in iTunes..
12 If not you can always import into iTunes what is missing & Re-do above steps...

Good Luck,

Joey....

Posted Tue 31 May 11 @ 4:18 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

************** Texte de l'exception **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Impossible de charger le fichier ou l'assembly 'CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms, Version=10.5.3700.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' ou une de ses dépendances. Le fichier spécifié est introuvable.
Nom du fichier : 'CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms, Version=10.5.3700.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304'
à DJF_Playlist.frmReport.InitializeComponent()
à DJF_Playlist.frmReport..ctor(String MyPlayList)
à DJF_Playlist.frmMain.PrintToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Posted Sun 05 Jun 11 @ 11:46 am
fcisler wrote :
I frequently get requests to print up a playlist of my evening's music. I hadn't found much luck with anything other than loading the playlist into winamp and printing out a HTML playlist, which I was not happy with.

I created a program (visual studio 2008) which does the following:

1) Scans "My Documents"\VirtualDJ\Playlists for all .m3u files. Lists available playlists.
2) Loads the .m3u text. Ignores lines with # (virtual DJ adds the first two lines)
3) Reads each MP3 for ID3v1 tags. If no tags infer (guess) artist/title for each song.
4) Displays list of all artists/songs in a format (crystal reports) that you can print or export to PDF or any number of other formats.

My questions, as I am new to this board:

1) Am I able to offer this software to other members? I don't want any money - it's free as long as you are not charging anything additional for it's use. I can upload to megaupload or somewhere else.
2) Is there already a plugin or do other people have software that does this?

If there is interest for this and I am allowed please let me know. I'm sure I can modify it to be a plugin if needed - right now it's just a standalone .exe.

Thanks,
Frank

Posted Thu 13 Dec 12 @ 7:46 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posted Fri 25 Apr 14 @ 12:56 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Try installing your plugin and got an error message on the setup file "http://resources.businessobjects.com/support/downloads/redistributables/vs_2008/redist/x64/CRRedist2008_x64.msi"

Posted Tue 22 Mar 16 @ 4:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)