Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Scratching/Latency with Hercules 4-Mx

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

The drePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hi guys...everything about the 4-mx is cool, but im not happy with the response of the scratching.....no matter how you set the buffer size, or buffer watever it doesn't seem to give the real time response that a good scratch requires...Or is there anything im doing wrong or not doing at all that'll give it that real time response...especially when you want to scratch to start a new song while mixing...i like that move but can't seem to get it done....thanks guys...you are appreciated.
I use a sony vaio with I-5 processor, windows 7.

Posted Sat 02 Apr 11 @ 1:23 pm
I don' t know. Actually I have only seen videos of people who can make a decent srcatch.
For my part I've worked with Vestax VCI-300, which is a shell of high quality and excellent response with ITCH but in Virtual DJ couldn't do anything decent.
i have vaio I5 w/solid hdd.

Posted Fri 08 Jul 11 @ 10:56 am
Here you both are pro user and might benefit from this, I did it with a Mixdeck but it should work for you aswell. Watch the video,

Let me know if it helps
Huey

Posted Fri 08 Jul 11 @ 11:10 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
First, a problem with the jog wheel latency has been fixed in the latest driver package (3.HDJS.2011) , so you may want to start by installing that and proceeding with the firmware update that will be launched automatically.

Second, modifying the ASIO buffer size does not have a direct influence on the latency of a controller. Since both the audio and controller share the USB stream, this will obviously affect the behaviour of both, but it refers mainly to the audio stream.

Third, you may want to take a look at this document to hep improve the performances of your computer:

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00364.pdf

Posted Fri 08 Jul 11 @ 11:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)