Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Timecoded vinyl and samples

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey,

I just purchased a M-Audio Delta 44 soundcard (4 in 4 out) and will be purchasing the full version of VDJ very soon. I have not yet recieved my TCV's, but I should soon, and I had a question.
I have hooked up both my turntables into the inputs of the soundcard, and plugged the outputs of the soundcard into CH 1 and CH 2 on my mixer. I have connected the output of my mixer into my stereo system. When using VDJ, if I play a sample, would it be heard through the output of my mixer? And if it would be, what channel would virtual dj send it though, if not both?

Thanks alot.

Posted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 8:42 pm
tipsyHome userMember since 2005
Hey Brennan11,

I was actually wondering the exact same thing. I don't quite understand how the samples would travel to the mixer. Does anybody know? I myself am also thinking about getting basically the same setup, but I need to know if the samples would work.

Peace,
tipsy

Posted Sat 30 Jul 05 @ 2:35 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
With VDJ in advanced sound configuration you can use up to 32 different soundcards.

In normal mode (2 stereo outputs) the samples will be played in both channels. But you can use a third output for the samples and plug that third output to a third channel on your mixer.

Posted Sat 30 Jul 05 @ 2:43 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)