Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Tag Search, et. al.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ChrisBoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature request, so, I'm posting it in a couple places

Now that I have purchased Virtual DJ 3 and got all the updates for windows in order for it to work, I tried loading my songs into the search database. Again, when I search, it only searches on file name. Tag and rename is not an option because I have several different versions of songs and the way I know which is which is by the file name, besides, I agree with a previous post, it's silly not to be able to search on tag information. Virtual DJ as a player is great, but the databasing leaves A LOT to be desired. I'd love to reccomend it to other DJ's I know, but until the Databasing is fixed, I'm forced to continue to use Final Scratch (and reccomending it to my friends). The short version of the wishlist:

1.) Search ALL tag fields (a nice bonus would be to be able to choose the field and/or qualify with something like "contains, begins with, ends with - but I don't want to push my luck)
2.) Allow me to recurse directories and/or search subdirectories for song files, not just search an entire drive.
3.) Do not assume that just because I'm trying to delete something, I want to delete it from my hard drive (especially in the database). I usually just want to delete a group of songs from the database so that I can re-scan it.

Any suggestions?
Chris

Posted Thu 28 Jul 05 @ 6:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)