Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VMS4 Issues - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

ok so i bought a vms4 midi controller and i hooked it up to VDJ7 on my buddies laptop...everything works fine i guess except for when i record no matter what i do i hear both songs in the recording (doesnt split channels by volumes) so when i play it back the songs were like they were just thrown onto each other and i can hear myself fixing them. Why when i record it doesnt split the songs...also i noticed after some tinkering that i can not get the volume sliders on VDJ to react correctly with the volume sliders on my VMS4. i have tried to map them myself but everytime i do it the volume sliders on the vms4 only control one slider on VDJ no matter what... why? Can someone please shed some light on this issue. I want to record my sessions to upload to my site but the recording feature is killing me and I need to know how to correctly map all 4 volume sliders to their appropriate funtions on VDJ. I also want to mix with the four decks but can do that either...why have four decks if you cant use them...PLEASE SOMEONE HELP?

Posted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 12:27 pm
Also forgot to mention what a wastes of disc space LE is...why offer a program that has no professional functionality with a bad ass controller like the VMS4

Posted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 12:28 pm
DjiRate wrote :
why offer a program that has no professional functionality with a bad ass controller like the VMS4

Most software given free with controllers is limited. Serato itch and Traktor LE instantly spring to mind.

Surely you don't expect to get $299 Pro software free with a $499 controller?

Atomix give a generous discount of $150 on VDJ Pro assuming you own the LE version that came with the controller. The VirtualDJ LE version that came with the VMS4 does not allow you to use 4 decks, just 2 from Midilog2 and Midilog3 but with any free or limited software you have to upgrade to Pro to get the full feature set.

Keith

Posted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 1:03 pm
DjiRate wrote :
...why offer a program that has no professional functionality with a bad ass controller like the VMS4

Why???? They are a software company. They sell software. They give you a LE version in hopes you will like it, and buy the pro version. What part of that is hard to understand?

Posted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 1:30 pm
ok well i get it about the software however my ? wasnt answered please help?

Posted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 1:36 pm
I don't own this controller, so can't help you. However, if you will be patient, someone with this controller will help you.

Posted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 1:42 pm
thanx waiting patiently ...Whistling while i work...

Posted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 1:47 pm
gullumPRO InfinityMember since 2007
the center part of the VMS4 is actually a analog mixer with build in eq and volume control so even if the volume faders on the screen move they are fake just to show on screen that they are moved. You will need to set up the mixer in config to play decks on separate channels. to record you need to connect the booth output to one line in, then set one line in to record loopback. but I'm not sure you can do all of this in the LE version as I never used the LE upgraded to pro before I got the VMS

Posted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 1:51 pm
thanx gullum i will try what u said and yes im using the pro version on a friends pc as the LE version is so limited its almost useless for what i need and how i will try and thanx again...keep coming with the solutions though just in case this dont work

JOE

Posted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 1:58 pm
ok man i tried that and every possible configuration in the settings and still am lost...i know i seem like an idiot which is weird cause im a pc geek 110% and can usually figure anything out without too much help...i have Teamviewer if someone wants to try to remote help me...my Aim name is THEONEDJIRATE and im on all the time if u care to help me out...i really need this done asap as i have radio shows that i'd like to record and upload for people

Posted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 2:18 pm
did you physically connect booth to line 1 or or other with a rca stick?

Posted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 3:44 pm
i plugged RCA jacks into my booth and then the headphone jack end into my laptops mic input...i have no line in so i assume thats used as line in also

Posted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 3:50 pm
this is actually first time I\'ve recorded with the VMS only had it for 2 weeks but here is how I do it

set up like this

I have mac if you have pc it should be ASIO

I put channel 1 all the way down or it records what I cue in headphones too

an phono red white from booth out to line 1
I have the VMS set to 8 out and all channels set to usb

hope this helps as it is working for me

Posted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 4:09 pm
aww man thats whats what i needed a look into what u had going on i will try that and get back with you thank you sooo much for the help so far...ill be back to let you know

Posted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 4:23 pm
i also friend requested you

Posted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 4:24 pm
http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx85/DjiRate061108/VMS4Screenie.jpg

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx85/DjiRate061108/VMS4Screenie2.jpg

thats what i have... but when i do that i have no sound...i dont remember if i mentioned that i assume the mic input on my laptop also functions as a line in, am i correct? the other screenie shows all the options i have as well...i see fl is in there as a rewire...does anyone know if i could record through that? Anything please this is driving me insane, i usually never have this many problems as im a pc geek and i am very pc saavy

Posted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 9:03 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Fri 11 Mar 11 @ 5:17 am
you are correct that the mic is also a line in
the way it set mine up

controller like this

The VMS4
All channels set to USB
Set to 8 out
Crossfader set to Channel 2 and 3
volume on channel 1 and 4 all the way down
booth out connected with cable to channel 1

with you setup should be the same only booth out to line in on laptop

I would recommend getting a rca to rca cable as mic/line in on laptops are not often really good.

Posted Fri 11 Mar 11 @ 5:24 am
ok man i appreciate all the help and i tried all your ideas and your setup to no avail...i did however just decide to use a different recorder while i plug the VMS4 into my laptops line in input it records awesome like that so im satisfied now...thanx again man

Posted Thu 17 Mar 11 @ 6:25 pm
I AM JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE PLEASE HELP DjiRate What DID YOU END UP DOING!!! I JUST WANNA RECORD!!!

Posted Tue 20 Sep 11 @ 10:19 pm
83%