Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Best Program for a Club DJ (with turntables)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm planning on doing some hip-hop club DJ'ing next year.

My setup is:
Dell Inspiron 700m Laptop
Pentium M 1.8 Ghz
Sound Blaster Audigy NZ Notebook (soundcard)

I'm on a tight budget so I can only afford:

DJ Decks
Mixvibes DVS (rather not spend 200)
Ms. Pinky
Virtual DJ

Which program is the most reliable?

Posted Wed 27 Jul 05 @ 7:52 pm
Is it not obvious? :)
VDJ us used by many DJ's and is proven to be the best choice. Otherwise, I wouldn't use it.
Happy practising and welcome in advance!

Posted Wed 27 Jul 05 @ 8:11 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
I will not post and say, use VDJ (even if i deeply think it)

But just don't use Ms Pinky, it's really difficult to use, and it is only really for program developpers who are also djs.

with VDJ, you will get the full program, with the functionalities you need. If you need more you can ask for them and they might be in the next version.

All VDJ updates are free.

Full plugin access, and the developpers often create the plugins the other users ask for (if it isn't too difficult)

I really love VDJ, and never had a problem with it at live gig.

Posted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 1:35 am
Actually msPinky is way better as far as the TCV are concerned. It can track in absolute mode both forward and reverse, VDJ cannot (in fact I believe msPinky is the only system that does). It also has two sides, allowing you to have two tracks loaded per player and switching between them by flipping the TCV.. And it has way more advantages. It's just a shame the UI is cr*p..

While I think VirtualDJ has come a long way I must say as far as TCV mode goes it is not quite on top. IMO the best for that specific purpose right now is djDecks. But in all honesty VirtualDJ has a lot more bells and whistles (although the excellent VST support in djDecks makes up for most of it,..)

Also I found VirtualDj still needs some work to improve overall soundquality, especially on 'phat' clubsystems it just falls short compared to say djDecks or PCDJ. But I understand this is being addressed.

Posted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 11:11 am
once again i cant agree more mate :), additionaly maxi-patch is easy to use just the interface sucks, binky toy is far cleaner, but maxi-patch's potential is greater :D

Posted Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 1:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)