Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Broadcast from my own computer help?? - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey mate, i too have the same problem as you... i click broadcast from my own computer, and the link is wrong because it comes up with page cannot be displayed, and broadcasting from shoutcast also fails because i can see the page, but others cant.. if u have worked out how to do this it would be a great help if u could let us know. cheers

Posted Sat 18 Feb 06 @ 9:27 am
I would like to broadcast but do not understand any of the instructions!

Posted Sun 19 Feb 06 @ 1:35 am
Every time I try press on the record button using mp3 instead of shoutcast in the settings I get
a "encoder error" message. Can anyone help with this please?

Posted Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 5:45 pm
Hi people..

Look I think you can help me with it...

I'm going to "Broadcasting, Config, "Shoutcast (mp3)" and it appoints to encoder lame_enc.dll, and I put the Broadcast address and click OK!", then I put "Start Recording" and get an error message:

** Broadcast Error **
Encoder error

What should I make? I already tried Shoutcast DSP Plugin.. and same error all the time! :)

I hope you can help me fixing it!
Thanks!

Posted Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 6:04 am
djlalo1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
i tried everything disabling firewall open port and nothing nobody can get to my ip it says server is busy or cant find whats the problem

Posted Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 2:51 am
U115PRO InfinityMember since 2005
hi every body i m french and i don t speak english very well but i try to help you.

To broadcast with VDJ you must have a good version of lame encoder, after you must try to change the kb/s if there are problème.

If you avec a problem, you must see if your port is open you can see that in this site:
http://www.radiotoolbox.com/online_tools/cantheygetin.php

If it is not open you must control:

• The windows firewall
  • A firewall softwar or antivirus
  • Your connexion (freebox, livebox, etc)

After you must know you exact IP, there are two sort of IP, the local IP and your IP on the web.
To broadcast with shoutcast, install the serveur and the plugin DSP for winamp.
Launch the serveur shoutcast, and configure your VDJ for this serveur.

After if your port is open, you can stream, if you have problem it is on your configuration (VDJ or shoutcast).
You can test your broadcast: enter the URL: http://YourIP:8000 in winamp for example.

Posted Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 1:30 am
Hi all,
Before purchasing vdj, I had tested the trial, and broadcasting worked fine. Now I that have purchased, well, it doesn't.

I've tryed bradcasting in my lan, no firewall and so. just monitored the network adapter with etheeral.

VDJ computer broadcasts correctly, but the clients only listen 5-10 seconds, after a short gap, another connection and so on. This is new.

The fact is that even the computer where vdj was running over, had the very same issue.
I tried locally and remotely both winamp (5.24) and wmp9 with both icecast and shoutcast. I selected the maximum quality because my lan is a 100Mbps (with a segment of 1Gbps)

What's all the mess? Is that a configuration problem? My network is okay.

Thanks
DJPier

Posted Thu 03 Aug 06 @ 3:34 pm
Hi,
I've repeated my experiment, I moved vdj on a pc in the 10Mps segment and the clients worked fine.

then I switched back (in the faulty configuration) and used one client per time. It worked.

Lastly, I used used with the same configuration windows media encoder for broadcasting. It works great with all the clients (wmp only)

I replaced the switch with my old 10-100Mps one. All worked in every configuration.

So I guess that vdj has some problems in broadcasting when the sorce pc is placed on a faster lan segment then the clients (Ethereal showed up a TCP Window Change before every reconnection). I May be wrong.

Bye

Posted Thu 03 Aug 06 @ 6:23 pm
HOW U GUYZ DOIN IM NEW HERE AND I READ EVERYTHING IN HERE man i have try everything TO SET UP THA RADIO MAN BUT IS STILL NOT WORKIN MAN I TRY ICED CAST AND SHOUT CAST BUT NOT WORKIN I WANA BROADCAST FROM MY VIRTUAL DJ PROGRAM BUT I CANT HOW CAN I CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE? I WILL APRECIATE IT

Posted Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 3:15 am
OH YEA MAN I GOT EVERYTHING I GOT SHOUT CAST BUT NOW I DONT KNOW WUT TO DO AND AONTHER PROBLEM IS THAT IN VIRTUAL DJ IT ASK ME FOR THE SERVER WUZ THAT?

Posted Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 4:39 am
Hi,
Let's sum up what you should do for broadcasting.
VirtualDJ allows you to broadcast, basically, in two modes.

• Broadcast from my own computer
  • Broadcast to a radio server

However, you should decide the format of your broadcast (icecast or shoutcast) and what you want to broadcast (the master only, master + mic...)

Just to start, select Master
Then select broadcast from your own computer.
Then press okay.
Then press the Start Recoding button.
Now, if you had selected Auto-Start in the previous window, the broadcast will not start unless you start playing a song. Otherwise the broadcast is already running.

Now the server is done.

You will notice that the start button now has become a stop button. below you will find "the broadcast server is running" and below there is a url:
You can listen by connecting to http://192.168.0.65:8000/VirtualDJ.mp3 for example.

Just open winamp and choose Play Url from the menu file (File->Play->Url). Type in the url. and listen.

If you are behind a router, and want non-LAN users to listen to your "radio" server, you must set up port forwarning/NAT. This is not a vdj setting, but is a procedure related to your own router, so you should have a look at the user manual of your router.

Personally I've experienced broadcast problems when the server is located on a 1Gbps network and the LAN clients in a 100Mbps (not viceversa).

If you are broadcasting to a radio server, you should set up the server in this way: Select
broadcast to radio server, then enter the IP address of the server, the username and the password (eventually the genre). These values are provided by the radio server. then press Ok, and press start.

Hope it will help.
bye
DJPier

ps
Please don't shout Thanks.

Posted Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 11:23 am
A500PRO InfinityMember since 2006
im a vdj newb, but i wanna have my friends be able to listen remotely, so i d/l'ed winamp and shoutcast.
i also redirected vdj to the dll in the winamp folder and tried running vdj + the server and i got a broadcast error in vdj

Posted Thu 26 Oct 06 @ 7:37 am
Hi

I don't use winamp and shoutcast for broadcasting, so I cannot tell you if the "redirection" you made is correct. If i'm not wrong, some guys here use shoutcast. Try searching on the forum, because I cannot help you.

Pier

Posted Thu 26 Oct 06 @ 11:14 am
betnikHome userMember since 2009
Guys...... can you tell me about the lame_enc.dll??? I have all set ip adress, password and when I press "Start Recording" it says "

**Broadcasting Error**
Encoder Error

I tried to adjust it myself but I didn't make it!! :(

Any useful advice would be apreciated!!!!!

Posted Sun 21 Feb 10 @ 12:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)