Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Broadcast from my own computer help?? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi guys.
I just want to know how to use this feature. I thought i had it working, but none of my friends could connect to listen to me. all they get is a network error message. is there anything i have to set up on my computer?

Posted Wed 27 Jul 05 @ 11:19 am
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
check my blog for a tutorial

Posted Wed 27 Jul 05 @ 9:25 pm
I think you are working behind a network.... Am I wrong?

Sorry for my bad english but I am French

Posted Thu 28 Jul 05 @ 11:27 am
i'm not sure what you mean. i have my laptop at home. with adsl internet.

Posted Thu 28 Jul 05 @ 12:47 pm
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i think he means are you connected directly to the internet on the computer or do you use another computer for internet connection, and connect to the net on ur laptop via the other computer.

Do you have a firewall? cos that sometimes blocks incoming traffic. I set mine to minimum security when broadcasting

Posted Thu 28 Jul 05 @ 7:22 pm
It was that I mean. You may have a firewall.
Give me the beginnig of your IP adress.
If you don't know how to do, clik on Start, on Run and type cmd.
The command window will appear, type ipconfig in this wndow.
An give me the first number of your ip (82, or 162,.....)

Posted Thu 28 Jul 05 @ 10:07 pm
Hi wrbrownline,

It's actually all really simple to set up when you know how :). Here's what you need to do:

In order to stream your broadcast you need to download and install a DSP plugin that is compatible with VDJ. From what i've seen, VirtualDJ works with the Shoutcast DSP plugin (mp3) and the ICEcast DSP plugin (ogg). I use the Shoutcast pluggin, so for the purpose of this post i'm gonna refer you to all the Shoutcast goodies you need to broadcast your VDJ mixes succesfully. To download the Shoutcast DSP pluggin installer go here: http://www.shoutcast.com/downloads/shoutcast-dsp-1-8-2b-windows.exe

Once you've installed the pluggin, configure your broadcast options in VDJ and direct the pluggin browser to the sc_dsp.dll file which should be located in your winamp pluggin folder.

OK, now that thats done you need to set up a Shoutcast server on your PC that you can physically stream your broadcast to. The Shoutcast server utility enables you to have a broadcast destination running on your local machine which in effect acts as the "server" that any potential listeners will use to tune in to your broadcast. THe Shoutcast server utility download and all related configuration documentation can be found here : http://www.shoutcast.com/download/serve.phtml

Once you setup up the Shoutcast server utility, make sure that it is running before you begin your broadcast from VDJ and then u'r friends should be able to tune in with out any problems :)

Hope this helps

Posted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 3:22 am
why all that rick merole if VDJ full version have the option already? I just need to know to what mp3 plug in where must i point VDJ to use mp3 ?

Posted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 5:48 am
ok, DJ mix max. yes my internet comes from a small home network. 2 computers. 1= the home computer and 2= my laptop. i connect to the internet though a wireless router. this router is connected to my home computer. is this a problem for people trying to listen to my broadcast from my laptop?

Posted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 8:37 am
"-=DJ Flame" wrote :
why all that rick merole if VDJ full version have the option already? I just need to know to what mp3 plug in where must i point VDJ to use mp3 ?

The streaming mp3 encoder you're looking for is definately the one i mentioned in my earlier post. Download it, install and point u'r VDj broadcast cofing to the newly installed pluggin dll file. I've just tried BOTH configuration options and this is what I discovered:

1. When using the first configuration option, i.e. "Broadcast from my machine", VDJ generates a url link which can be used to tunes into the broadcast. However, the url was was my router's IP and when a friend tried to connect to my broadcast using Realplayer, it didn't stream the audio, instead it started to download the .mp3 being encoded by VDJ! I tried changing my Network config settings in VDJ also, still no luck.

2. I then tried my tried and tested 2nd option, "Broadcasting to a server" and it worked like a charm as it always has..... go figure!

Posted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 9:08 pm
Your ip adress is a private adress, you have to open the port 8000 and you have togive this adress to your friends : http://youripadress:8000.VirtualDJ.mp3
To know your ip adress, go here : www.monadresseip.com or .fr I don't remember...

Posted Mon 22 Aug 05 @ 11:32 am
DJKikAsH im havin the same probs mate.

will try and look at this shoutcast stuff . . . but not very computer literate.

Posted Thu 25 Aug 05 @ 10:59 pm
If the problem continue, tell me, I will look what I can do!

Posted Mon 29 Aug 05 @ 10:54 am
Reiklyns for security reasons your message won't appear until a moderator has reviewed it.

Posted Mon 29 Aug 05 @ 3:00 pm
NoizZPRO InfinityMember since 2006
i want to thank you MIX MAX for your instructions... I just purchased VDJ and i will upgrade as soon as i can....i'm just curious, i just ran my 1st test and it asked my friend for a download. So, what is the formula of getting the broadcast to stream? i just started looking into this and ithank the guy that initially asked the question. my next test is to have him open the file through a winamp url connection...... i think that is the answer to my own question... if i am wrong please correct me.... ty

Posted Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 6:42 pm
wrbrownlie you need to access your wireless router and forward TCP port 8000 to your computer. To make this easier you will need to assign yourself a static IP address and add it to your router. If you have trouble understanding any section of the following it's best you do not attempt it as it could disrupt your network:

Here's a quick guide:

Start > Control Panel > Network Places
Right-click on your network interface (will be two lit computers) and select status.
If address type does not say manually configured follow the next set of instructions; otherwise skip to the next paragraph.
Click support and write down the value where it says ip address, subnet mask and default gateway.
Click on general and then properties. Doubleclick internet protocol (TCP/IP).
Click use the following address and fill in the fields with the exact values you wrote down earlier. Enter the same value for preferred dns server as your default gateway.
Click OK on all open boxes to save the changes you made; your network connection will restart. Should you have ANY problems reconnecting to the network go back to the previous stage and change the configuration back to automatic.

Now open your webbrowser and type in "http://ipaddress" where ipaddress = default gateway which you wrote down earlier, e.g. "http://192.168.0.1". You are now logged into your router.
Look for an option called port forwarding or virtual server and enter it.
Add the port 8000 (TCP) and assign your computers ip address which you set manually earlier.
Save the settings and if required restart your router.

Next time you want to broadcast, start broadcasting with virtual dj and goto "http://www.whatismyip.com".
Copy the numerical value given and give this address to your friends, be sure to add "http" and ":8000" to the beginning and end of it, e.g. "85.124.35.23" becomes "http://85.124.35.23:8400".

Posted Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 7:17 pm
*edit* that should read 8000 above not 8400, sorry.

Posted Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 7:19 pm
thanks to all those that have posted info on how to broadcast, but i must admit I am still struggling to get *anywhere*

I have three questions:

1. Can I broadcast with Virtual Dj 2.03 Home Edition?
There is a broadcast button...

2. To broadcast do I have to use shoutcast?
I know there are lots of different people who have put instructions up on how to do it without, and i feel *stupid* asking the same question again, but when I click onto "start recording" a dialogue box appears that says "shoutcast source" at the top and has lots of relevant shoutcast settings (including connect - which i kind of feel i should be pressing, but it doesn't work)

3. Could my lack of connecting be something to do with my network?
I am running 2 PC's with XP, and using internet connection sharing. I don't have a router. The office PC connects to the internet, and then runs to a hub, which then runs to my living room computer, where I am DJing. I have tried switching both firewalls off.

I am competent using computers, but when people start talking about ports i *do* have to concentrate :-)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Antony

Posted Thu 16 Feb 06 @ 11:08 pm
"Open Winamp

Finally just run a check on your Firewall that both Winamp & sc_serv.exe have full access to the web.

You`re now ready to go online with your Radio Station for the first time."

How do i do that?

Posted Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 4:58 am
never mind i found out

Posted Sat 18 Feb 06 @ 12:34 am
59%