Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Broadcast url

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

It would great if you could customize the stream url in the built in shoutcast plugin, would liek to point listeners to my site as well, just a though :)

Posted Tue 26 Jul 05 @ 8:42 pm
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you sort of can, ir your broadcasting from ur computer, click config, then broadcast to radio server, under name write ur name, but add ur website address in too. then simply click on the record from my own computer option and it'll display the name u just wrote on ur clients media players as the titles...

so for example, write "dj Razz, visit my website @ www.djrazz.com" or something similar in the title and that's what'll be displayed in the client's media players as the titles :o)

(btw, is that ur site??? just went on it by accident lol)

Posted Wed 27 Jul 05 @ 10:01 pm
Thanks For The Reply Nebula

However though i do not broadcast from my computer, i broadcast to a shoutcast server, and that name field is required for logging into the server to broadcast. What i was refering to, is that when people go to the site to see whats being played and the user status. Under the stream url it say www.virtualdj.com. I was hoping we would be able to customize that to our prefernce.

And no thats not my site Nebula, lol

Thnx again

Posted Wed 27 Jul 05 @ 10:53 pm
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
ah well, sorry buddy. i only broadcast off my computer, so couldnt tell you how to do this (if its possible)

I jus put that url in for an example and out of curiosity it was an active url lol, ah well, woulda been good if it was urs tho. hehe

Posted Wed 27 Jul 05 @ 11:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)