Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Drivers

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello, all.

Okay, I have a fairly new Dell laptop that came loaded with the Word Perfect Office suite, AOL and some other programs that I don't use. I have a 60 GB hard drive, with about 15 GB still free.

I removed these programs from the laptop, but ever since, I've noticed that VDJ skips or stalls occassionally. It never did that before.

While removing Word Perfect etc., could I have accidentally removed some much needed VDJ drivers too?

I'm thinking that perhaps I just just reinstall VDJ but thought I'd ask the group here for advice before proceeding.

Thanks,

JK

Posted Mon 25 Jul 05 @ 6:10 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Nuke that crap and put a fresh oem os on there, preferrably xp pro.

It's like wearing a heavy winter coat in summer to your system.
VDJ needs all it can get to properly run.

It will then "work" perfect.

Posted Mon 25 Jul 05 @ 7:37 pm
Good tip!

I'm already running Win XP Pro.

Any other advise on what other programs I can use up?

I should probably buy some more memory too - right now I have 512...

Posted Mon 25 Jul 05 @ 9:29 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What are your other Pc specs. ?
Try to defrag your HD.

Posted Mon 25 Jul 05 @ 9:48 pm
I've defragged and still getting occassional skips.

I think the problem might be due to the version of vdj I'm running (1.08). I understand some of these bugs have been fixed with later versions of the software.

I'm also wondering if it's cause my hard drive is close to capacity - just 16% free space on my hard drive right now.

Would a disc partition be advisable or an external hard drive with more capacity?

JK

Posted Wed 27 Jul 05 @ 6:28 pm
Format c:
Backup your essential stuff, re-format and re-install your OS. Then carefully choose the programs you want on your computer. As mentioned earlier, keep the system as clean as possible. There are also tweakin tools out there. Finally, read some FAQs about cleaing your system from unwanted services etc that really isn't nescesary to run VDJ. 1 solution is to use sepperate hardware profiles. Search info aswell on the net.
512 is enough to run VDJ, but 1GB will ofcourse be a little bit better.

Posted Wed 27 Jul 05 @ 6:42 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
How many processes are you running now with vdj open?

Posted Wed 27 Jul 05 @ 9:09 pm
33 processes are running with vdj open

Posted Wed 27 Jul 05 @ 10:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)