Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: FS2 USER WANTING TO CHANGE TO VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there.

Im a user to FS2 and can say that im pretty dissapointed in the setup that I thought would work like magic. Not the case! The problems ive been having relate to the so called "ground looping" which is well documented on Stantons web forums. There are solutions to this problem however its very much hit and miss. Having read many of the posts on VDJ I see many users just like myself having the same problems and switching to other platforms. (which is gr8)
Can anyone sugget what type of setup I need to be able to play timecoded vinyl mp3's with regular records? Im aware that I need the software, timecoded vinyl and sound card (maya 44??).
Any comments much appreciated! Cheers

Posted Mon 25 Jul 05 @ 2:39 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You must not necessary buy a Maya44. You must "only" buy a soundcard wich is able to play in low latency mode.

Posted Mon 25 Jul 05 @ 5:10 pm
What are options are available to those who want use a sound card with low latency mode? Sound Blaster Audigy ? Midiman?

Posted Mon 25 Jul 05 @ 6:27 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
Sound card with ASIO drivers.

Posted Mon 25 Jul 05 @ 6:31 pm
Bogus Djs:
First start with dowloading the demo. Then you could find out if you are comfortable with VDJ. You could test it for example with a soundblaster.
If you like it then it is recommended to buy a proper sound card like the Maya USB. This card is used by lots of VDJ users with good results. You might also be able to use the FS2 box, if there are Asio drivers available.
You have to buy the full version of VDJ and 2 (or more) time code vinyls.
If you have other questions, don't hesitate to ask
Ewout

Posted Mon 25 Jul 05 @ 8:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)