Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Display Setting on secondary monitor

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

What are your display setting set at for you primary and secondary monitors to maximize performance of VDJ? I have been having many issues but playing with these setting just made it work better.

Posted Sun 24 Jul 05 @ 4:40 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Well I am a laptop user at work so I have my primary res at 1024x768 and my output to 800x600 seems to work a little better. Uses less resources.

Posted Sun 24 Jul 05 @ 8:58 pm
Can someone help me on exactly what there setting are for a dual out on a non-laptop. I just bought a very powerful DJ computer and am having issues. I want to make sure I am not setting something up wrong.

The way VDJ plays videos for me without the program hesitating alot is with the following:

Display 1
1280x1024 my screens reccomended resolution
But I have to take the color quality down to medium to free enough resources

Display 2
800x600 and color quality highest

I am running a 128mg Radeon 9250 video card
1 Gig mem
AMD 3000 64 bit system

If you need more please let me know. Is anyone else getting the program running choppy. Not the videos but the program itself? I have it on two laptops also and 1 is fine 64 bit video card (have not tried videos only karaoke) and the other with a 16bit shared would not run. Also ran very choppy.

Your help would be appreciated.

Bob

Posted Mon 25 Jul 05 @ 5:21 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Vantine,

First thing I'd do is get rid of that ati card and grab yourself a 6600 GT. The second thing I'd do is change both displays to 1024x768 at 32 bit quality. Mine runs very smooth on the same processor the only difference is the video card. Also if you wanna mess around with the other card for now look into the latest drivers.

Posted Mon 25 Jul 05 @ 7:53 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)