Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: The "dumb" Fade entry point feature

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

lmichelPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm trying to build a playlist to be automixed without the crossfader entry points being automatically placed too far into the songs. I've tried having FORCE Fade enabled, and tried downloading a few plug-ins. But nothing seems to work. Is there a way to just force VDJ to place the entry point at the absolute start of a track, and the exit point at the absolute end?

Thanks,
Lance

Posted Sun 24 Jul 05 @ 3:29 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It's not possible now even you change the start/end mixpoints for all your tracks one by one.

Posted Sun 24 Jul 05 @ 4:14 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Provided that none of your MP3s have dead air space in the beginning and ends, then set the crossfade to 0.0sec and Fade to CUT. That is the closest you will be able to get in what you are asking. But, again your MP3 file can not have end dead air space in them.

Posted Sun 24 Jul 05 @ 6:19 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
So guys here is something for you ;-)

when force_fade=activated + fade_length=0, the entry and exit cues are automatically set at the extremities of the song

Useless to set the crossfader to CUT

I'm not sure about autocue but i don't think this function influences what i said

Posted Mon 25 Jul 05 @ 8:59 am
please tell me somebody has found how to fix this guys original problem?? if not, this thing is useless for me.

Posted Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 3:44 pm
its exactly like Dj Cel said :)

In FAME setting use FORCE FADE ENABLED

then set the fade length... and crossfader to FULL or SMOOTH.

set AUTO BPM to smart or disabled, if you dont want a beatmix, and to ENABLED if you want beatmix.
this will mix from absolute zero to the absolute end of songs

Posted Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 4:50 pm
o.k. thanks it worked. now is it possible to still have my cue point at the end?? so i don't have so much dead air time??

Posted Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 6:24 pm
its a bit tricky, as this is first of all a LIVE dj software where the dj is doing the mix...

but some settings are there for automix, try setting the fade slider to a higher value, say 5 sec...
this will at least not leave dead air.

And play around with the mix settings, when you right click the file.

I havent tried the automix mode much, but I'm pretty sure you can make it work pretty good...

Posted Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 6:39 pm
if you are out of luck with setting the cue for end of song, I guess delete the dead air of the file in a wave editor could be a good choice..

Posted Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 6:42 pm
Does it not have a "mix at first beat" feature? I know atomix does and VDJ is supposed to be MUCH better.
Atomix has the "AtoMix Start : First Beat" and the
"AtoMix End : Last Beat" feature. Does not VDJ have something along the same lines?

Posted Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 11:18 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

We could set the time to do the automix, so we can give 0 secs and the fade is like a cut. But also, you could have to put your start and end cues, when you do that you do what you want to mix in every place you like to.

Posted Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 4:35 am
one more question...for the crossfade in automix when it gets to the final cue for the song and goes to switch to the other song the crossfader slams over to the other side. how do i slow it down?? i set the crossfader to every option that it gives me, but it still does it. thanks.

Posted Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 4:41 am
If you are using Atomix and not VDJ (2 seperate but awesome programs made by the same people) then you have to go into configuration on AtomixMP3 and click on the AutoMix Length. It will give you 6 options. No Mix, 5 seconds, 10 seconds 15 seconds, 20 seconds and 30 seconds.

Posted Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 7:31 am
Same in VirtualDJ, but its a slider.

You can set the length of the "mix" the value you want.

This fade value will set how long time the crossfader should use from deck 1 to deck 2.
And the vaule Smooth, cut or full will set the behaviour or the curve of the crossfader.

For automixing, I would guess setting it to full or smooth is a good choice, and fadelength to 3-10 sec

Posted Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 2:05 pm
Thanks dj-in-norway. I see that now on the demo. Even though I am still using AtomixMP3, I can see that VDJ is just as intuitive a program as AtomixMP3.

Posted Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 3:00 pm
I agree with the automix why cant you have it start at the begining of the song then have it kick the next song after a certain point...i do not want to go in and create a in and out point for automation.....

Posted Wed 21 Dec 05 @ 6:06 am
in the configurations, where do i find the automix length?? thanks.

Posted Fri 23 Dec 05 @ 4:04 pm
Open up VDJ and follow this path to the automix length congig/FAME Settings/Fade Length. Fade Length is a slider that allows you to set the length of the fade. Hope this helps, and it has already been said how to do this earlier in this thread. If you need help with a problem type in the keyword(s) like "fade length" in the search option and it should come up.

Merry X-Mas and Happy New Year !!

Posted Fri 23 Dec 05 @ 5:06 pm
congig was supposed to be config.
sorry about the confusion.

Posted Sat 24 Dec 05 @ 8:22 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)