Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: TIME CODED CD'S

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

cckidHome userMember since 2005
Hy everybody,

I just read on another site, that virtual dj is supporting also time coded cd's, meaning that since I own two denon 3000 cd-vinyl player I can hook up those to my lap top computer and play mp3's that are stored in the computer, basically use the best of both worlds.
Now, if that's true what would be the recommendations in terms of sound cards (Maya 44 slips into my mind, and some kind of software configuration that goes by the name of asio??).

If that's true and proven to work well, where can I find the plugin for the time coded cd? Any advice is more than welcome.

Thanks in advance

Best regards to yaall

Posted Fri 22 Jul 05 @ 2:06 am
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
You will find the time coded cd for Virtual dj, free here:

http://www.virtualdj.com/products/timecode/

it's at the botom of the page, download the file and burn it to a cd, you better burn it several times to be able to use easyly several tracks.

Actually, i can't hide this to you, there are some slight problems with timecoded CD, but it seems that it will be fixed in the next version.

Posted Fri 22 Jul 05 @ 3:46 am
cckidHome userMember since 2005
Thanx a bunch man.

What would you suggest, shall I burn it as a wav, audio tune, or is it more advisable to burn it as an mp3 tune.

And many thanks again.

CCKID

Posted Sat 23 Jul 05 @ 12:34 am
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
Better to burn it as wave i would say.

Posted Sat 23 Jul 05 @ 2:56 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
lej78480 is correct.
CD-players are made for reading waves as the first job (some of them are reading mp3s too). So burn it as wave.

Dj Nikki

Posted Sat 23 Jul 05 @ 4:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)