Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Line In

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
It would be great to have a source input for a video camera so we could incorporate dance cam shots.

Posted Fri 22 Jul 05 @ 12:11 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I agree. That would be very useful. But rather than re-inventing the wheel, how about just integrating a dedicated visual generator like R4 which already has video capture capability (I use it) and can effect/wrap/distort the input video as well.
Unfortunately, I have not yet found a way to use both R4 and VDJ on the same computer simultaneously as VDJ doesn't like to share the external screen. Being able to bring just one computer to the club would be very nice :)

Posted Fri 22 Jul 05 @ 6:10 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I used R4 with 1.09 for a while quite successfully.
R4 is one hell of a resource hog however, made me run 80-90% cpu load all of the time which scared me.
I also experienced bleed through on the interface which seemed to over stress things.

Once vdj has the video output captured it keeps it, if you try to start vdj with another video app running it will error on you.

Elite has the ability to import external source video 20 secs at a time as a track, it worked fair.

The only other option would be to incorperate a video mixer, sorry I sold my Edirol now.

Posted Fri 22 Jul 05 @ 9:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)