Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Length of samples and jingles

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

gileskPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I've just been getting into using the sampler in vdj lately and it's pretty cool apart from one small thing. I have to remember how long a particular sample is if I want to fit it into a tune in time and in sync (ie at the end of a breakdown). An indicator for this of some sort would be great. A mini waveform or just a number stating the number of beats would do just fine. I'm sure lots of other vdj users would like such a feature!

Hope to see it in the next update... :)

Posted Thu 21 Jul 05 @ 9:10 am
in sample section there is an indicator but only a moving bar that shows the amount of played/remaining

Posted Thu 21 Jul 05 @ 10:28 am
I use the bar too and its accurate when it comes to telling when the sample it's going to end.

You can also look at the file size in your sample folder before loading the sample. This will give you an idea of how big of a sample you'r about to play.

However it will be a nice feature to see or edit a wave bar for each sample that can allow for reajustment of beat and maybe sound and be able to save last setting. Its too much work to re-do a sample from either deck all over again.

Posted Thu 21 Jul 05 @ 9:15 pm
The bar is good but it doesn't allow me to see exactly how many bars of music I've sampled. For example I have a sample that's exactly 2.5 bars long and in order for this to sound good the best way to play it over a tune is to start it exactly 2.5 bars before a new bar in the tune starts. If it showed a waveform that would be perfect really!

Posted Fri 22 Jul 05 @ 4:18 am
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
That's why, as said in another post of this New feature forum, we would need to be able to drag and drop a sample from it's slot to one of the two decks. That way you can have a waveform of the sample.

Would that solve your problem?

Posted Fri 22 Jul 05 @ 12:33 pm
I guess it would yeah. It makes sense to just have the sample over one deck anyway coz either way if the sample is to be heard it has to be played on one of the decks while it's playing although an option to have it like that or the current way would be best so that you could cut or fade out from the playing deck and still have the sample playing in the background.

Posted Wed 27 Jul 05 @ 9:42 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
custom skin with a third smaller VDJ deck for playing scratching and looping samples with waveform dispaly etc etc. for example could onyl be on the sample pannel to save having to redesign skins and loosing space to someting not all might use

Posted Mon 01 Aug 05 @ 5:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)