Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: AutoMix Cue-Point Enable Option...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
AutoMix, If you've spent alot of time creating "Cue Points" in your media files and decide to use AutoMix, your Mix just gets trashed and you'll have to be careful what video or audio files you put on the PlayList, because you will be Embarr-ass for sure, with all the things we have to do today how can you keep up with it all...

I am suggesting a new option in AutoMix under "PlayList Management" to include "Use Cue-Points" that will supersede any current Mix options selected by using Your predefined "Cue-Points" existing in your media file to mix with...

Please make this happen, its very much needed....

What Do You Think.....

Thank You,

Joey....

Posted Thu 27 Jan 11 @ 8:25 pm
Hi Joey,

That's a great idea.

Another thing I would like is that Automix brings the next track in at a certain volume level.

At the moment, some tracks stop dead and others have long fades. It would be great to start the track based on the volume of the song finishing rather than a set time.

Keith

Posted Sun 30 Jan 11 @ 7:10 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
+1

Posted Mon 31 Jan 11 @ 10:03 pm
+1

Posted Tue 01 Feb 11 @ 12:35 am
+1 from me

+1 from my day job colleague who has no involvement in dj'ing but said +1 when I asked him to :-)

Posted Tue 01 Feb 11 @ 5:18 am
+1, but with a twist.

Let us choose between an existing cue point, or an automix only point, for each song.

And an exit automix cue point would be nice too.

Posted Sun 06 Mar 11 @ 3:58 pm
Actually you CAN set mix points for your songs and VDJ will use them...
BUT:
1. You have to set the MIX-POINTS from the BPM EDIT window
2. You HAVE to use the SMART automix mode in order to make the mix-points work

Posted Mon 07 Mar 11 @ 4:11 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I have always been able to click on the white automix line and slide them to where I want. VDJ seems to remember that change every time in "remove silence" mode. But finding that perfect spot from a reduced size waveform (2 songs loded in 1 deck) is not real easy or spot on.

My Cue points are spot on because I can listen, pause the song and set perfectly. Not sure why Cue points and automix points are seperate, just never made sense to me.

Posted Mon 07 Mar 11 @ 7:11 pm
You didn't get my point 100% right:

WITHOUT Automix active, open the Edit BPM window (right click on the BPM button on default skins)
Go to the "Edit AutoMix" tab.
Now you can SEEK with your mouse, keyboard or controller, AND PLAY / PAUSE e.t.c. your song until you find the right spot. You CAN look at both waveforms (small one - simple progress or big one - rhythm window) and set your mix point right on-spot.

PS: You will see that you can also set some other options for automix: ALLOW MIX FADE, ALLOW MIX CUT and ALLOW MIX TEMPO. And you can set DIFFERENT mix points for each mix mode as well.

I don't use automix at all (besides firing it as a "security" option when I have to go to the men's room), but I find the options provided powerful enough to let me set a "good" automix behavior if I would like to do some pre-work by setting points and methods for automixing...
I guess I'm just lazy enough and I prefer to mix my songs live!

Posted Tue 08 Mar 11 @ 2:31 am
kishdhPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Thank you :-)!!!!!!!

Posted Sat 21 Mar 15 @ 5:44 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)