Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DAC 2 Controller in V dj

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

tretreHome userMember since 2003
How does the jog wheels work for you? Are they tuch sensative.. as stop when tuching the plate or do u need to actually move in a direction to stop it? other generall info would be great too how it works and such. How is it controlled .. is it midi or some emulation of a keybord or something like that? (in (for) v dj)

Posted Sun 24 Aug 03 @ 4:15 pm
>How does the jog wheels work for you?
deck is STOPPED: it works like a record. spin it forward and it sounds like you are similiar to using a mouse. Mouse scratches better than controller. I wish they would allow us to change sensitivity on controller jog wheels and map our own keys

>Are they tuch sensative.. as stop when tuching the plate
No! they are plastic and have no way of doing that. they dont spin either. Like a normal DJ CD deck.

>or do u need to actually move in a direction to stop it?
Yes You have to move it youself to go forward or back

>other generall info would be great too how it works and such. How is it controlled ..
Virtual DJ decided that they will support the DMC-1 (upgraded with special chip) or DAC-2 (with no modification) This is what GOT MY ATTENTION.

>is it midi or some emulation of a keybord or something like that?
Virtual DJ supports...

Keyboard, mouse
standard midi controllers
DAC-2 (USB)*
Numark DMC-1 with upgrade chip (serial)*
Virtual DJ's controller (USB) http://www.virtualdj.com/features/hardware.html

* There will be a MIDI driver for the DMC-1 and hopefully for the DAC-2. watch this site. http://www.gizmolabs.net

WirelessDJ

"I don't take any DJ program seriously unless it has a rack mount controller"

Posted Sun 24 Aug 03 @ 4:26 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Virtual DJ set a basic support of DMC DAC controllers but remember that our controller will be touch-sensitive and will enable more features than DMC DAC can support currently.

Posted Sun 24 Aug 03 @ 4:32 pm
tretreHome userMember since 2003

"or do u need to actually move in a direction to stop it?
Yes You have to move it youself to go forward or back "

Sorry my blunder i was a bit blurry well i meant was like if u put your finger on the jog does the record stop?... gueesing as it wasnt tuch sensetive that it dosent. (so if u wanted an slowdown you would actually have to press stop for those small stop/release,..)

">is it midi or some emulation of a keybord or something like that?
Virtual DJ supports... "

hehe would be nice to know in what way it does ;)

thnx for reply. wireless

Posted Sun 24 Aug 03 @ 5:19 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)