Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: 1920x1200

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

my one request, skins in really high res :) My lapotp skips when switching resolutions, so that kills me sometimes (alt tabbing)

Posted Sat 16 Jul 05 @ 7:27 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
don't run the skin maximized. but what are you looking for in a skin that size?

cstoll

Posted Sat 16 Jul 05 @ 8:30 am
Hehe!

I know what you mean. My laptop also only supports 1920x1200 in widescreen. I (can) never run widescreen-skins maximized and it bugs me.
But my next skin will start out in that resolution. I'm thinking macOS/iTunes meets JN-Black ,but a Pro version without all the Mixer stuff.

But it will have to wait.... after a week of sailing, I'll work on it.

Have a great summer guys...

- Jim Nordic

Posted Sun 17 Jul 05 @ 2:06 am
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
Jim Nordic, can i ask you how much time it takes you to make a skin?

Posted Sun 17 Jul 05 @ 2:35 am
It depends on a couple of things;
- making your own graphics or copying them from exiting skins or screenshots.
- Complexity of the skin (# of features and animations)

The first version of JN-Black took me a couple of weeks... (2 days coding the xml). But I spent a lot of time on the layout of all the buttons and sliders. I wanted the skin to be well organized and easy to use. I now feel I have a good formula for a great skin-layout.
Later I've made additions/changes, so it's hard to say how much time I've spent in total on the current version.

The better/faster you are with making the graphics, the shorter amount of time it will take.
But if you want to make skin using existing skins or screenshot of hardware, a lot of work is done for you.

But if you want to learn how to make a skin, I suggest you choose a simple skin, and study the bmp and xml file with the skin Reference-sheet (which needs to be updated!)

Cheers,

Jim

Posted Sun 17 Jul 05 @ 1:37 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
I know how to make a skin, no problem with that, the only thing is that it takes me more than a week to code half the skin.

Maybe using paint to find the coordinates on the graphic isn't so good.

Would it be possible to talk to you on msn? my msn name is in my blog.

Hope to see you soon.

Posted Sun 17 Jul 05 @ 1:46 pm
Im looking for standard skin features, even existing skins just bigger. The problem is, if any other program decides it wants focus, the resolution change can cause errors.

Posted Fri 22 Jul 05 @ 8:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)