Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: CONDENSED 1.7 -- great new features for 2011! - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Right, I'm not DJing anymore and although I've been keeping a casual eye on VDJ 8 from afar, I can't commit to creating a new skin for VDJ 8 as it would be a ton of work. It's not impossible, but it won't happen any time soon. Most likely I'll retire Condensed at this point, and if I ever get interested in skinning again, I'd have to make a new skin from scratch.

Incidentally, my original motivation for Condensed was that I got a little 1024x600 netbook that I was using for a backup machine, and wanted a skin that could pack all the features I was accustomed to from VideoVision into a skin that could fit on a netbook screen. While I was at it I came up with a design workflow that allowed me to create a resolution-independent design that could be scaled (with JeremK's resizer) to any screen, which was pretty cool because there werent (maybe still aren't) many skins that do that.

These days netbooks seem to be a fad that has run its course and fortunately, VDJ 8 handles these different resolution situations much better, so the way I see it, a lot of the actual need for a skin like Condensed is already handled by the default skins. But the way I am, I like everything a very specific way and I usually feel I can improve on the design of things. So if I ever do get back into DJing, maybe I'll have another crack at the skin design thing again.

Until then, hopefully something else comes along that can offer Condensed fans the types of things that were great about that skin.

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 2:25 am
Supacon wrote :
I got a little 1024x600 netbook that I was using for a backup machine

VDJ 8 handles these different resolution situations much better

I've been feeding back my findings to Atomix regarding the default VDJ 8 skins on a netbook. They don't work well.

Even on common laptop resolutions of today (e.g. 1366x768) people are experiencing issues.

However, I think some of the skinners are now realising that 1920x1080 is not a "one skin fits all" solution.

Hopefully some lower res skins will become available for VDJ 8....

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 9:39 am
Well quoted.

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 9:42 am
Dan the funny man. Hang on, I think my sides have split.

:-P

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 10:09 am
schuzuPRO InfinityMember since 2013
@Supacon

I have modified Your "Condensed" Skin for a DJ Friend for VDJ-8.

You are allowing me to take my modified Condensed Skin i named "Re-Condensed" to the Download Area for all other Users who will take them ??

When You say Yes, i make a new Topic in the Skin Forum with Description what i modified and Pictures.

Sorry for my Bad English, i'm an Austrian People and only speak German and a little bit of English ;-)

Posted Thu 21 Aug 14 @ 4:12 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi Schuzu. I have sent you a message to your VirtualDJ inbox. You may respond to my email address if you have any questions or anything.

As long as I receive credit as the original author of the Skin, that's fine. You may also be interested in the procedure that I used to create all the different resolutions and stuff, as I don't think it has been done before and required a lot of special tricks (if I can even remember at all).

Posted Thu 21 Aug 14 @ 5:01 pm
Now that's cool...collaborate together....;)

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 6:42 pm
Pretty cool.
Welcome to skinner's cafe ;o)

Posted Sun 24 Aug 14 @ 11:13 am
schuzuPRO InfinityMember since 2013

Posted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 4:53 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)