Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Timecode CD File Pressed to Vinyl?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I was thinking about finally purchasing VirtualDJ & Some Timecode vinyls but I am afraid to make the investment if somewhere down the line Atomix decides not to manufacture the Timecode Vinyls. I was wondering if in the unlikely event that Atomix would stop offering the Timecode Vinyls if I would be able to just press my own vinyls with the Timecode CD mp3 file... It would turn out to be very expensive but I am just curious if it is possible.

Posted Mon 11 Jul 05 @ 9:39 am
I Already asked this question days ago...No one really could answer cuz they weren't 100% sure. But I assume that as long as the right sound and tone are heard I dont see why it wouldnt work...Keep in mind im not very knowledgeable when it comes to the time code stuff...

Posted Mon 11 Jul 05 @ 10:50 am
Of course you can.. you can record the timecode to any source, be it an MP3 stick, CD, vinyl or reel2reel (in fact using timecode on a reel2reel is very cool as a show element.. I know from experience..)

Posted Mon 11 Jul 05 @ 1:33 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i think it possible but wouldn't buying some cd decks and just burning the mp3 to a cd be more practical? i think its about $1-$2 maybe more... per vinyl with a minimum of 500-1000 vinyls ordered

Posted Mon 11 Jul 05 @ 2:51 pm
Today I recieved my Timecoded vinyls. It is like christmas all over again. Thank you!

Posted Mon 11 Jul 05 @ 3:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)