Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Video Output To Tv 25ft From DJ Booth

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Does anyone know the best option to connect a tv 25 to 45ft away from the dj booth, i want to start playing music video's in the club but there is no room for my projector so i'm planning on using one or two of the tv's they have in there the only problem is the distance.

Posted Tue 09 Nov 10 @ 10:42 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
You don't say what type of connection the tv's have, ie composite, vga etc, at that distance either of those two will work, if the tv's are been used on the venues tv arial amplifier system there are a couple of ways you can hook into it.

Posted Wed 10 Nov 10 @ 5:09 am
Thanks a lot guys for the quick responce really appriciate it

Posted Wed 10 Nov 10 @ 7:22 pm
I use this. Cheap and I picked one up for backup.

http://www.amazon.com/RiteAV-SVGA-Monitor-Cable-Ft/dp/B000V1LX40/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1289553527&sr=8-1

No picture dropout and gives me up to 50ft.
This is the splitter I use if I need to run it to a karaoke monitor or a second projector. Once again great picture quality and picture was not degraded. You will need to order a male-to-fem VGA adapter along with it.

http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Go-29550-Splitter-Extender/dp/B00008BO8M/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1289553796&sr=1-3

I would love to go wireless but always have a fear of signal problems.

Posted Fri 12 Nov 10 @ 3:31 am
Blackbox has several devices you can use for that distance. I've been using their products for 2 years with great success. I typically connect into the TVs via VGA (since that port is rarely used in a bar) -- most use component or HDMI inputs for their TV signals.

The solution I use converts the VGA signal from my MacBook Pro to CAT5 and then I can use CAT5 cable (cheap and lightweight to hang in bar) to run to the remote TVs.

DJ Jimbo
www.musicjimbo.com

Posted Fri 12 Nov 10 @ 3:38 am
I use the same length and cables for TV as I do for my projector. I have a 50ft SVGA cable and a 50ft HDMI cable (22 gauge premium) with ferrite cores on each end and I get great video, no quality or signal drop, etc. I bought my cables are MonoPrice, best quality for the price around.

Posted Sat 13 Nov 10 @ 1:03 am
mobiledjsteve wrote :
I use this. Cheap and I picked one up for backup.

No picture dropout and gives me up to 50ft.
This is the splitter I use if I need to run it to a karaoke monitor or a second projector. Once again great picture quality and picture was not degraded. You will need to order a male-to-fem VGA adapter along with it.

I would love to go wireless but always have a fear of signal problems.

man I paid 36 bucks from radio shack for my 50' VGA cable :( it's installed in a club. Thanks for the link, picked one up for mobile gigs.

Posted Sat 13 Nov 10 @ 11:13 am
Good luck running a 50ft cable 45 feet away. I've never been so lucky as to be able to tuck and tape cable out of sight with only 5 ft to spare...get my drift? I too have 50ft vga's but I have seen 100ft versions.

Posted Thu 18 Nov 10 @ 11:21 pm
I can hide just about anything behind my mobile booth... coolers, women, cables, crates etc... Not the best pic but you get the idea.

Posted Fri 19 Nov 10 @ 1:55 pm
Jam Master Rob wrote :
I can hide just about anything behind my mobile booth... coolers, women, cables, crates etc... Not the best pic but you get the idea.

OK I may be alittle off base here but what does the picture of your setup have to do with this thread ???? Hmmmmm ?
This thread is about using a 50 ft video cable ???? correct ?

Posted Sun 21 Nov 10 @ 7:54 pm
yes you are correct, this thread is about running a long cable to a projector. If you will read the post before I posted the picture you will see that the poster was concerned about concealing the remainder of a 50' cable if the projector was say 30' away. My post was to illustrate how a booth or cover is a attractive way to conseal the remaining footage of cable.

Posted Sun 21 Nov 10 @ 10:11 pm
Jam Master Rob wrote :
yes you are correct, this thread is about running a long cable to a projector. If you will read the post before I posted the picture you will see that the poster was concerned about concealing the remainder of a 50' cable if the projector was say 30' away. My post was to illustrate how a booth or cover is a attractive way to conseal the remaining footage of cable.

OK, that conseals about a 15 foot span, how about the other 35 ft ?

By the way nice setup, looks very neat.

Posted Mon 22 Nov 10 @ 6:40 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
you can't in a mobile situation, you can only conceal so much and make it as safe as you can for trip hazards and damage, when in a bar or club enviroment that's when you are able to conceal cable runs a lot more.

like most people rob elects like myself to hide any excess cable at the business end of things (the decks), although i still see mobile guys stuffing lighting and audio leads under their respected stands, looks bloody awful.

Posted Mon 22 Nov 10 @ 7:40 pm
Maybe I was not clear in my wording. Like Tayla pointed out, you'll need to tuck some cable away for different reasons. If the distance is 45 ft then a 50 ft cable leaves you with only 5 ft to tuck and tape. Suggestions: get a longer vga cable or go wireless. Wireless is prone to drop outs but if you respect the limitations of the product you should not get any.

Posted Tue 23 Nov 10 @ 1:53 am
Hey guys I need some advice. A bar that I mix music videos at just bought some new plasma's, they don't have vga ports on the back. I need a really good vga to component converter. I have found a component amplifier distribution box that will connect 4 tv's. Anyone have any advice?

Posted Thu 23 Dec 10 @ 6:49 am
I bought a vga to component converter at radio shack for a $100, it does the job but you have to have the main video out and the secondary video out in the same resolution and it has to be a 4:3 resolution. The picture quality is just as clear as if i hooked vga directly.

Posted Thu 06 Jan 11 @ 8:50 am
That's not the resolution that's the aspect ratio. Resolution is going to be something along the lines of 1024 x 768 for example.

Posted Mon 10 Jan 11 @ 1:29 pm
Personally, I wouldn't dream of running a 45/50ft cable.

Posted Fri 21 Jan 11 @ 6:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)