Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: CDJ 400 and VDJ (PC) - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

This a guide on how to map your CDJ 400 with VDJ 7.

The usb cables that you need for connecting the cdj's to the computer are these. Also used in printers.

The RCA cables are these.

OK.

Step 1.

Connect the cdjs to your mixer's CH1 and CH2, using RCA cables.

Step 2.

Connect the mixer to your Soundcard's input, using RCA cables, again.

Step 3.

Connect the Soundcard* to your pc, through the usb port. Also connect the sound-card to your speakers, through the output.

Step 4.

On Virtual DJ 7, go to the config menu, on your upper right of the screen or on the upper left, depending on the skin.

Choose Advanced Config.

Step 5.

Arrange the CDJ's in the Channels 1&2 , 3&4. If you cant see the Pioneer CDJ ASIO (ASIO), make sure you've updated the drivers.http://tinyurl.com/cdjasiodrivers

For broadcasting, also add the third box.

Step 6.

Go to the mapper tab.
Sort your decks as the pictures.

Deck 1:

Deck 2:

Step 7.

Click apply ok and you are ready to go. :)

Hope this topic was helpful for you.

*The souncard used is Behringer UCA 202/222

Posted Sun 17 Oct 10 @ 9:22 am

nice guide ;)

Posted Sun 17 Oct 10 @ 5:19 pm
If you want to sort left deck(cdj) to be ch1 and 3 on vdj and right deck(cdj) to be ch2 and ch4 use the code provided below.

action_deck 2 ? deck 4 assign_controller 1 & deck 4 rightdeck : action_deck 4 ? deck 2 assign_controller 1 & deck 2 rightdeck : action_deck 1 ? deck 3 assign_controller 2 & deck 3 leftdeck : action_deck 3 ? deck 1 assign_controller 2 & deck 1 leftdeck

Posted Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 9:57 am
great tutorial, how about...

My Set Up:

PC Windows 7 - VDJ Pro 7
CDJ 400 (Deck A)
CDJ 400 (Deck B)
Hercules MK2 (Deck C & D)
External Mixer DDM 4000

quick question,

am i gonna need an external sound card such as audio 8 now to get the 4 deck going? or am i going to be able to set it up with what i got?
if so please recommend a cheap good quality sound card... if it exists.

thanks

Posted Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 11:39 am
You can use behringer uca 202 to connect the cdj's (the one used in the tutorial)

Now for the hercules I'm not really sure on how you will do that, but I think that you wont need a soundcard.

Posted Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 11:42 am
shanfarHome userMember since 2008
I HAV 2 CDJ 400 AND DJM 800 AND VDJ 6.0.1

MY PC CONFIGURATION :
512 MB RAM
1.6 GHZ
ORDINARY SOUND CARD
ETC..

AND I HAV INSTALLED ASIO4ALL NEW VERSION &

CDJ DRIVERS

NOW , HOW TO CONNECT CDJ AND DJM 800 TO MY PC.

IS DUAL SOUND CARD NEEDED .... AND IS THERE ANY PROBLEM

Posted Mon 29 Nov 10 @ 5:46 am
Anyone know if I should be able to set this up with the following:

2 CDJ400s, Behringer DXJ700, Virtual DJ Pro 7, Traktor Finalscratch 1.5, Asus laptop?

If not, I'm planning to upgrade my mixer soon so can probably solve it this way.

Posted Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 8:36 am
Why do you feel you need a separate sound card for your Pioneer CDJ-400's? I never had a need for one since 5.2 nor do I need one for 7.0.2. Just askin'...

DJ RuDe

Posted Tue 11 Jan 11 @ 6:53 pm
I dont use sound card with it too. I just connect my CDJ400 directly with the help of the USB cables to the PC. But what the only challenge I have now is how to make the sound from CH 3 and CH 4 on VDJ 7 come out of the speakers. They only do if I select SINGLE OUTPUT or HEADPHONES...but once I change to EXTERNAL MIXER then its only the sound from CH1 and CH2 that comes out.

Help needed....Thanks!

Posted Tue 07 Jun 11 @ 2:55 am

Posted Tue 07 Jun 11 @ 6:16 am
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
thanks levendi (champ)
had problems and i used GOOGLE ad this thread came up.

Posted Wed 28 Sep 11 @ 7:49 am
Speedy53PRO InfinityStaffMember since 2008
The external soundcard connected to the speakers seems unnecessary for me, either.
Just connect the speakers right to the mixers ballanced output.
To use record loopback, the notebook's card is enough. Connect the mixer record out to the soundcard mic/line input with a p2 x RCA cable and set your notebook card at advanced sound setup instead UCA202 and save some money.

Posted Wed 28 Sep 11 @ 12:02 pm
apparently it didnt work out for me, i tried it the day after and left was right and right was lrft. i HATE VERSION 7 i want version 6. version 7 has been TROUBLES for me. I NEED THIS FIXED, its driving me nuts

Posted Thu 29 Sep 11 @ 10:24 pm
@Pseft

You are also using Pioneer CDJ-400s? I must assume you are by the fact you have responded in this particular thread.

What could you possibly hate about version 7 that you think makes version 6 better? I am a long time veteran of using CDJ-400s, I go back to when version 5 was the one available at the release of the 400's. Other than user error, I have used every version and sub-version that has been released and unequivocally had no issue whatsoever.

If there is anything I can do or any other of our many CDJ-400 veterans here, please feel free to explain your difficulties and we will be prompt to help you! There is absolutely no issue with ANY version and the CDJ-400. I do about 50 to 100 gigs per year using mine and there are no issues period... There is no need whatsoever for any external soundcard for the Pioneer CDJ-400.

DJ RuDe

Posted Fri 30 Sep 11 @ 4:13 am
Try hitting the 'Eject' button, on every cdj I've used with VDJ its always been mapped to reverse the controllers. Now I've never ed used these cdjs but I would imagine its the same. It should switch them back.

Just kick in ideas around
Huey

Posted Fri 30 Sep 11 @ 4:19 am
@RuDe

im playing on my decks (400's) and deck 1 shows #1 and deck 2 shows #2 on start up.

im playing along and suddenly deck 1 becomes #2, i cant even use my controller now to choose a song via my knob on my deck. coz it will stop deck 2 which is playing if i press that particular song i want, i have to choose now via my lappy.

@ Huey

iv tried ejecting, ive tried everything.

thanks, panos (pete)

Posted Fri 30 Sep 11 @ 8:22 pm
Are you plugging them straight into you laptop or are they plugged into a USB hub. If they are both plugged into a hub try them straight into the laptop, or one in the hub one into the laptop.

Posted Sat 01 Oct 11 @ 4:19 am
ianmelville wrote :
Are you plugging them straight into you laptop or are they plugged into a USB hub. If they are both plugged into a hub try them straight into the laptop, or one in the hub one into the laptop.

usb cables are in my lappy, no hub. i had a download of version 6.2 and iv installed that and everything is working fine.

iv been mixing for the last 6 hourrs and recorded a mix in the last hr, no problems what so ever.

im not puting V7 until its fix or get the rite configs for it.

thanks pete

Posted Sat 01 Oct 11 @ 5:51 am
oh and i have that usb sound card as well, i used it to record but i dont need it anymore coz i just bought DJM 350 and its awesome.

i realised that this was for the usb sound card after the next day, lol.

Posted Sat 01 Oct 11 @ 5:54 am
Speedy53PRO InfinityStaffMember since 2008
@pseft
Is the deck assignment done as seen at figures above?

Posted Sat 01 Oct 11 @ 9:40 am
95%