Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: New guy trying this out and would like some feedback.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

I was finally able to get virtual dj and was just messing around with it. I just started with this and have never really done any mixing before but its kind of a hidden hobby of mines that I always wanted to explore it. Im really more into hip-hop rnb rap music and was messing around with the songs "She Get It From Her Mama" (Juvenille) and "How We Do" (50 cent n Game). Its mainly a cross over from Mama to How We Do. I know it's not much but tell me what you think and what I should really be practicing on. Here's a link to the file:
http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1NGMOXFPM65AE0JS8M7M79P3TY
Its about 930kb so it should be easy to download. If you have any feedback (good or bad) or any advice please post. THANKS

Posted Sat 18 Jun 05 @ 3:34 am
Its a good mix although- your mids get kinda messy when 50 starts "rapping". You could probably just cut the mids from Mama when fifty comes in. The keys start clashing from both songs, and it just gets a little busy- but other than that- cool mix.

Posted Sat 18 Jun 05 @ 6:24 am
Phenomenon,

You should try the 3.0 trial version it has many new features.

Posted Sat 18 Jun 05 @ 9:32 am
The version I bought was on ebay, I think it says its v 2.09. $20 dollars so I think it was a bargain. I just don'thave enough money for the v 3.0.

Posted Sat 18 Jun 05 @ 7:38 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You bought it on ebay??? Hmmm...that might be your first problem...:o|

P

Posted Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 2:19 am
Hmm as far as I know the only way of getting full version of VDJ i s only from this website.

Mixstation is also available in the shops as I saw it a moth ago in the box for about 33EURO.

Sorry to tell you but looks like you dropped 20 bucks out of window. :-(

Posted Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 2:54 am
Well, I knew I would have this happen. So much crap happens to me, no surprise this would too. I guess I'll take it up with ebay and see if there's anything that can be done. Thanks though

Posted Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 4:51 am
Sir, We would like information on who sold this too you Please write this info to e-service Make a reference to this thread. Thanks

Posted Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 6:51 am
Report this to ebay- they will refund you from that person if you explain this. Ebay is very good with kind of stuff.

Posted Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 10:36 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
While I do feel bad for the innocent who get ripped off, I feel you went shopping for it.
You know what the program costs, you realized it was a good deal, but you ignored your conscience telling you it was too good to be true.

My friend, in this world you get what you pay for period.
The one exception is VDJ which, gives you 3 times what you paid for as long as you pay the piper for the full version.
You have to know that EBay is loaded with rip off artists just doing their dirty deeds until they get caught.

If you haven't got that kind of cash to spend, you are probably still pretty young.
And for that I feel sorry, it is just one of many lessons from the school of hard knocks.
Just be glad it wasn't $20,000, those are the ones that sting for a long time, you will survive and learn from this mistake.

You obviously know the value of the program as you went shopping for it.
We all hope to see you as a full version user someday soon.
Work hard and save your money friend.

Posted Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 2:28 pm
not all programs gave this fantastic kind of "personalized" licence as VDJ so there is a chance to buy legally second hand software but not vdj on e-bay.

Don't beat him Rick :-)

btw. I think licensing is good i think, I have one at work(non dj) for testing, one at home and one in my notebook for real gigs. Nobody else uses it (except my father that vas curios about what's that icon on my desktop but when he realizet it's not one of his pinball games he quit)

Posted Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 2:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)