Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Karaoke Machine Software

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Looking to put together a karaoke machine to be hired out without an operator. Setup and left for the customer to operate during the night, then picked up next day. Can anyone recommend some reliable and easy to use software for this job? Need something more plug and play than vdj so anyone could switch it on and see how to work it with minimal instruction. Any suggestions appreciated to narrow down the field - there seems to be hundreds of karaoke players. Dont mind paying for something good.

Posted Thu 12 Aug 10 @ 4:30 am
They will just ripp off your karaoke

Posted Thu 12 Aug 10 @ 7:08 am

Posted Thu 12 Aug 10 @ 11:24 am
I have come across a program that was written up in Mobile Beat this month called Jukebox Jockey http://www.jukeboxjockey.com

I had downloaded a free 30 day trial and simply love it. I will be putting a machine together for rental as you have described and will defintly be using this software. Great for touch screen use - no keyboard needed.

Posted Thu 12 Aug 10 @ 11:27 pm
JayShoePRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hello,

I wanted to chime in about what Charlie Wilson had said about ripping the media off your rental machine. It is true that you must be careful about this. There are a few things that you can do to combat this issue. Some of these concepts would also keep your employees from ripping media as well.

1. Jukebox Jockey has security functions built in that keep users out of the windows desktop. If they don't have a password, they won't be able to get out of the software (Professional Edition Only).
2. You should setup your PC based device with Windows-based users as well. Have it log in automatically to a user with limited permissions. You should lock out internet connectivity to the user to prevent copying over a network. (Note that JJ will also keep people from getting out of the software, so this is a double-security measure).
3. You can install a utility that will lock all other ports on the device. This utility is called "Device Lock". It will lock out the USB to any external drives. http://www.devicelock.com

With those three security measures in place you can be confident that nobody will rip your media. The only exception to this would be someone removing the hard drive and copying the media that way.

Jay Shoemaker
Jukebox Jockey

Posted Mon 06 Sep 10 @ 9:27 am
For anyone thats interested, I also found another one which seems to work really well so far. Not very resource hungry and reasonable price. Also has ability to lock down machine so they cant get access to windows. Called Silverjuke - www.silverjuke.net

Posted Sun 31 Oct 10 @ 4:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)